• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Nominations for new moderator are now being accepted in this thread

I nominate Autumn (Bloodybaroness). I know she's already been nominated - well, I want to nominate her again. So there. :D

If there were a snakemaster24 still here I would nominate him, but since there is not I won't.
I would also consider Wade, but he would probably abuse his authority and if he didn't, he would permaban himself real quick.
This is getting hard...

I was going to make a nomination(s). But I found my list grew too long. Three have now declined (diamondlil, starsevol, and nwheather). Maybe I should just wait for more natural attrition. Maybe just some seconds as it comes to a close.

If there were a snakemaster24 still here I would nominate him, but since there is not I won't.
I would also consider Wade, but he would probably abuse his authority and if he didn't, he would permaban himself real quick.
This is getting hard...

Snakemaster24 is still here!

Wow Bob. Thank you. I saw where you'd nominated me a couple hours ago. I am not sure, in fact, I am very unsure if I am even eligible for this. I would, however, respectfully request that I be given a couple of days to think this over, to put my thoughts in order, and make another post in a couple of days about this. It is not a light decision, nor the kind of thing I have had a lifelong dream of ever doing. Besides, I have history here, some of which seemed unpleasant at the time, but afforded me the opportunity to grow in ways which have proven very beneficial to my personal development, both online and off. I will make another post here in a couple of days.

In the meantime, I nominate Bob, Username crotalis40741
not because he has nominated me, but because he seems to be around often. I've looked at the posts he's made, just as I look at the posts everybody has made when deciding who to vote in for any position. It's only partially about the statements he has made; the balance is in the threads he has not stepped in, which have lead me to believe he is a worthy contender for this moderator election.

Thanks for any considerations,
dp

Thank you Dave and Ryan, I accept the nomination. It would be a great honor to be mod here.

Last edited:
I second Bob's nomination! He is wonderfully charming, and levelheaded! I would have been a lost mess for awhile were it not for his desire to help me in many ways pertaining to these forums!!!

OK...alan with a small "A". With it capitalized, it could have been any number of members! Too bad he declined. :( Wise man!

Hehe. Spoken by one who knows.
Nah, it's not that. Even if it was a pain in the butt I would do it. This has been my favorite place on the net since '05, I would love to help out! Help is the word, I only use desktop Internet what amounts to a few short times a month. I don't think I'd be effective help on this phone browser. I don't want to say I will and then find out I can't.
Thank you. Sadly, I have to decline. Anyways, we don't seem to be lacking in good nominees!

My sway and nomination is for Bob Brown aka crotalis40741. He would be an ideal moderator for this site. His wisdom of Corn's, long-time membership, long-time hobbyist, breeding, keeping skills, kindness, ability to speak his mind, nonfear to stand up for what's right, to be fair, impartial, just, are only a few of his qualifying features. I think he would be perfect! I also know a lot of the community here would support his nomination and induction as moderator. I could go on and on about why Bob would be ideal, but I think anyone who knows Bob knows this too, and anyone that meets or interacts with him soon will agree. Thanks -Brandi

Guys, this thread is for NOMINATIONS. When the nominations have ended, there will be a thread started with the voting option in which comments about the nominees would be more appropriate. In this thread, it just makes it much more difficult to wade through extraneous posts looking for NEW nominations and qualifying acceptances by those nominees.

I also would like to nominate Bobby (crotalis40741).

He is truly an amazing guy, for the past year he has been a very active member on these forums and takes the time to get to know the people. He has helped out many members, including myself, and is extremely kind and generous.

Thanks for the thoughts NWHeather, but I've got waaayyy to much other stuff going on and sometimes go long periods without logging on. I'll stick with standing behind Autumn. :)

Back