• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Priceless

grankin01

Addict and proud of it!
I just thought I would share this as I found it hilarious!

I fed Orion yesterday (a few hours ago) and he ate fine. He's always been a great feeder. Well, this time I fed him two fuzzies. He took them and I did something I usually don't do and covered his feeding dish. Usually we feed him and leave it open as it doesn't seem to bother him and there is always someone there to watch if/when he tries to come out. Anyway, I covered him up and went to feed the Jade and heard something rattling on the table. I looked for my phone and found it wasn't ringing (had it on silent). Then I realized the little turd was trying to be bad. :D I fed him the second one and he rattled his tail the whole time he was swallowing his meal. He hasn't done that since he was about 3 months old. He is 11 months now.

It kind of caught me off guard but it was funny too. When I checked to see if it was him making the noise he just looked at me with the mouse stuffed in his mouth like "Go ahead, I dare you!". :rofl:

Yeah, we had a friend over who knows nothing about snakes but isn't afraid of them and he was like "WTH is that?". That made it even better. :D

I felt bad the first time my snake rattled its tail. Now I just find it hilarious! He hasnt done it too much though. Funny story :)

My 9 y/o girl still does that when I'm feeding her. Not all the time but once in a while if I bug her too much while she is eating. My boy, on the other hand, never has. It is downright adorable!

Our ultramel anery started with the tail rattling when we started putting her in a small opaque feeding bin (anything clear and she wanders around and ignores her food). She rattles almost every time now...it's terribly cute because she's not terribly big (50g currently)

My snake, Zar, rattled once at my husband. His tail tip was snapped under a lid by the clerk when we got him. The rattling must have hurt because he stopped right away and never did it again.

Back