• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tahlaia Shed

Tahlaia is the Irian Jaya (mix?) carpet python that we got from Heather on Saturday. She's a beauty, especially since she shed this morning! I only got a couple of pix that are in focus, because she's a very active girl, but I thought I'd share the two that I got :). Isn't she pretty?

sheshed1a.jpg

sheshed2a.jpg

p.s. Heather, I'm having a heckuva time pronouncing her name. Would you be offended if I changed it?

She's my first, but dog knows if she'll be my last :). She seems to have a fantastic temperament, and she certainly is bright! There are some areas on her which aren't as bright as the areas in these photos (more of a muddy-looking yellow), but it looks like none of those areas are showing up in these pix.

She looks awesome Irish! I think she might have some Jungle background, or maybe a Jag sib, to get that yellow.
No, I don't mind if you change her name. :)
You *know* she won't be your last Carpet. You'll soon find how awesome they are, & you will want more! ;)
Keep me posted on how she's doing :)

Will do, Heather :). What does it mean when you say that she may be a "Jag sib"? I presume you mean a Jaguar sibling, but how can she have a Jag sibling and not be a Jag, herself? Is it all about the patterning?

And, yeah. As much as I love the looks of the IJ/Jag crosses, I'm hoping to have one of my own, someday :). The only thing that could slow me down is if I run out of room! LOL!

Jag sib means she is a member of a clutch that had Jaguars in it... Jaguar is more a color morph than pattern, but it does affect the pattern too.

Thanks Oren :) (It's good to see you back around here)
Yeah, remember how I showed you that the Tessera genes influence the "normal" babies? It's kinda like that with the Jag sibs. It can influence their look sometimes.

Back