• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The official random image thread

Chip...I don't think the fingers were photoshopped. My hospital was down the street from a chicken processing plant and we had injuries that equaled those anyday....automatic slicing machines can easily cause those types of injuries in an instant if people get their hands caught in them. You should see what a de-skinning machine does to a hand! Now...on a lighter note!:
998687_516287781778602_1454518155_n.jpg

oops... user is having technically difficulties! Please stand by for photos...

Attachments

• 9cc21f4f7e8c4132f06426ddd0b66e1d.600x.jpg
    9cc21f4f7e8c4132f06426ddd0b66e1d.600x.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 1_350739.jpg
    1_350739.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 4812f8e1beff01f28d9f4aaafe6b4b3a.600x.jpg
    4812f8e1beff01f28d9f4aaafe6b4b3a.600x.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 105
  • cdfd34972ea3a7d95a6300880df57e68.600x.jpg
    cdfd34972ea3a7d95a6300880df57e68.600x.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 106
Chip...I don't think the fingers were photoshopped. My hospital was down the street from a chicken processing plant and we had injuries that equaled those anyday....automatic slicing machines can easily cause those types of injuries in an instant if people get their hands caught in them. You should see what a de-skinning machine does to a hand!

I sincerely beg you to NEVER post such pictures here. There are enough images in my mind that I wish I could "unsee".

No photos Rich...HPAA violation don't ya know.....I've got all kinds of stories you probably wouldn't believe...trauma center's rock!!

No photos Rich...HPAA violation don't ya know.....I've got all kinds of stories you probably wouldn't believe...trauma center's rock!!

Amen to that Meg..Trauma does get crazy at times. I see it every night and have been a part of it for 25 years now.... I guess medical people look at things differently. I look at photos like that and think anatomy, how would we fix that, long term effects from the injury, involvement, etc... I have seen things on reality TV and medical shows with far more "gore" associated with them. I agree the shock factor was probably too much for this website, so I removed the pic from the thread so that no one would take anymore offense. Sorry for ruffling any feathers guys, that wasn't my intent. Lessons learned. :(
T.

Dude, there is almost no way that was real. The cuts were so even, so little blood... I mean, it HAD to be a 'chop, no?

Wait, maybe don't tell me.

Ironically, that injury probably was less terrible than it appeared. Lots of cuts but except for some tendon injuries and I'm sure some temporary numbness from nerves being cut, I suspect it would heal up pretty well. Lots of scars but clean cuts nonetheless. I'm like you though...I LOVE trauma...it was the favorite part of my job. While I care about the person I'm x-raying, I still am looking at it from a scientific point of view...how to get the film, the views, what it will take to fix the injury...most of it doesn't affect me emotionally....I simply see it in terms of "what do we need to do to fix it"...

Is the thread safe from gory pics? :uhoh:

In other news, after I caught a kidney stone that looked like the Fortress of Solitude my friend tried to cheer me up...
504ent1_zps68ce3977.jpg

(feel free to remove if it's gross, I think it's hilarious!)

Back