• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tortoise NOMage & fresh shed beardie

Hypancistrus

Zeke the baby red Italian leatherback beardie is nearly finished his shed. Just one foot left-- you can see it in the one photo.

63852_141063_Large_Kb4nZ1cDP3M.jpg

While we were fussing over the baby beardie, we noticed Lucy the sulcata eating a dandelion flower. Tara got some nice action shots!

34542_141065_Large_5xqUTvjWeI0w.jpg

34542_141066_Large_7SyxKUZ7kuVGomQ.jpg

Let go, darn you!!

34542_141067_Large_yguRAOESPlUrKu7.jpg

I meant to do that! Really!

34542_141068_Large_cLqnIHPw5TyNqKc.jpg

lol I love the cartoon strip you made with your tortoise! And Zeke is too adorable! His middle section looks like a perfect circle!

Both are adorable babies! I wish I had dandelions here- my torts and Ares would be so happy!! I can't wait to see how Zeke looks when he's all grown up.

lol I love the cartoon strip you made with your tortoise! And Zeke is too adorable! His middle section looks like a perfect circle!

Tara says I am making him fat by indulging him in many crickets and meal worms. Pssh... she's crazy!! :laugh:

Both are adorable babies! I wish I had dandelions here- my torts and Ares would be so happy!! I can't wait to see how Zeke looks when he's all grown up.

You don't have dandelions?? How is that even possible?

My aunt has a ton of them in her yard and that is where I got these from. Beardies in particular seem to LOVE the flowers. Tank will nom five or six of those in a sitting.

I guess they don't do well down here. I have cacti, but they have spines! Although Crazy Dave gave me some spineless at Daytona, and I have that growing now. The tortoises and uro love hibiscus. And those Mexican petunias. And roses. Isabel hates everything non-insect...

Ours all really love prickly pear fruit. Our grocery store carries it every now and then and it is a hit with everyone, from the torts to the lizards to the parrot, who likes to fling it on the walls to "decorate."

Back