• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ultramel Anery Motley from Petsmart, Kaa my scaredysnake

Kaynein

I'll start this with I work at Petsmart, and where I work we do a wonderful job caring for all of our animals. We love them all as our own. That being said, I couldn't help myself from purchasing this beautiful boy when he came in one day.

I assume he is a ultramel anery motley even though his packing container said 'ghost'.

Attachments

• 20120415164050.jpg
    20120415164050.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 20120415164113.jpg
    20120415164113.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 20120415164226.jpg
    20120415164226.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 159
More pictures, these were taken on a mobile phone. Outside, no flash. Just beautiful pure Maryland sunlight.

Attachments

• 20120415164121.jpg
    20120415164121.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 20120415164210.jpg
    20120415164210.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 159
  • 20120415164217.jpg
    20120415164217.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 159
Personally, I would hold off on labeling it anything until a few breeding trials have been done. While the dorsal pattern looks motley, I see far too many belly checks for it to be a motley, even considering some motleys can have a few belly checks. There is also something very wrong with the head color/pattern that is screaming to me that it's a black rat hybrid, and a "recent" cross at that (only 2nd, maybe 3rd gen). The complete lightness of the head is exactly what I've seen on all the beasts. It is a very lovely snake, but IMO, to call it an ultramal anery motley doesn't seem right to me.

Personally, I would hold off on labeling it anything until a few breeding trials have been done. While the dorsal pattern looks motley, I see far too many belly checks for it to be a motley, even considering some motleys can have a few belly checks. There is also something very wrong with the head color/pattern that is screaming to me that it's a black rat hybrid, and a "recent" cross at that (only 2nd, maybe 3rd gen). The complete lightness of the head is exactly what I've seen on all the beasts. It is a very lovely snake, but IMO, to call it an ultramal anery motley doesn't seem right to me.

I don't think they would send us anything less than a corn snake though. I mean, it's possible but I try to have some faith in our reptile vendor. You could be right that it's not a motley. I had made a post a few months regarding him, and it was suggested that he is at least a ultramel anery. I don't plan on breeding him. He is just a pet to me. Whatever he is, I adore him. X3

Then again, they can barely get their labels right...and you may be onto something about his head pattern. Previously someone mentioned het. sunkissed for the oddity that his skull markings. I'm not sure.

Okay, I'm not the only one that thinks it's a rat snake cross then.. the head just looks "off" for a corn. And too many belly checks for a motley..
GORGEOUS snake though!!

Beautiful snake, nice coloration... but I do see Rat Snake in the head and eyes. Good pick-up..Congrats on the new addition.

As a hybrid fan, I'd sat that boy looks like a black rat cross no further than 2 generations out. Gorgeous animal. Also, you're lucky your vendor labels them at all. The Petsmarts near my home all have 3 kinds of corns: Normal, Albino, and "Fancy." Many employees have gotten educations lately, and call me when they have interesting colors and patterns come in.

As a result, I've gotten some really amazing deals on some of my babies.

That is a very pretty snake, I agree with others on the hybrid thought. The eyes are what threw me, but then I looked closer at the head. It is a very pretty snake though.

Also, if your store's supplier is anything like ours, they get the snakes from breeders, keep them for a little while and ship them to you. That is a lot of hands that those snakes are going through, and mistakes can/will be made.

The Petsmart near me just labels their corns as normal or fancy.

I work for Petco and while I believe that 99% of our corns are actual corn snakes, I have seen at least one hybrid come through our store in the past couple of months. It was an amel hybrid, not sure what type of rat snake was thrown in, but I knew it couldn't be a regular old corn snake... It had a very frosted appearance to it.

Back