• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update and ? about Dubias

K. Rene

Cozmic Cornz
Hey everyone,

Long time no type (for me) Been busy of course. Coaching soccer, wedding planning and now I just started the Masters program for Education, all online classes but still. Thinned down the herd only have 7 snakes 1 is betrothed to a friend but I can't ship it to her in the winter. 3 Leopard geckos. We adopted a breeding pair of cresteds and hatched 4 (2 sets) of eggs. Now I am considering getting a veiled Chameleon and naming it Pascal (like the one in Disney's Tangled movie) have been sending emails back and forth with the breeder and doing research. It will be our most high maintenance/expensive pet if I can talk my fiance into it. Reptile EXPO is the 26th!!! The breeder also sells starter colonies of dubia roaches which they feed their Chams (thought I seen them called that somewhere...?) My question is since we have the crested and leopard geckos can the eat the roaches too if the roaches aren't adults obviously?

Cresties can eat Dubia, but I'm not sure about Leo's. I can ask a friend of mine, if you don't find out the answer.

Congrats on the baby Cresties! I have two that are 5 weeks old, & another pair of eggs that are on 118 days incubation now.

Both can,
I am raising roaches myself and they are -great- staple diets.
They take a little longer than other roaches to get going... but they really are simple to maintain... can't climb, can't fly etc...

A large leopard gecko probably can handle an adult roach btw... but there's hardly a need to try since we tend to want to keep the adults happy and breeding.

I use Gatorade bottle lids for food dishes, when feeding Crested Gecko Diet to my Cresties. I put the lids with the remaining CGD in the Dubia tank, they clean the lids completely, so the food doesn't go to waste, & then it's less washing of the lids.

I use Gatorade bottle lids for food dishes, when feeding Crested Gecko Diet to my Cresties. I put the lids with the remaining CGD in the Dubia tank, they clean the lids completely, so the food doesn't go to waste, & then it's less washing of the lids.

That's a good idea! I typically have leftover cgd and feed the roaches a mix of roach chow and oranges which they go bonkers for. I'll have to see if they'll eat the leftovers for me.

I raise roaches for my leos and my beardies. A large adult leo would be better off eating an adult male because large nymphs are really big, I give them to my adult beardies. I feed my leos the medium sized nymphs. I totaly recommend dubia, I have used them as staple for my geckos all their lives and I have had them for 3 years now and they are great.

Cresties can eat Dubia, but I'm not sure about Leo's. I can ask a friend of mine, if you don't find out the answer.

Congrats on the baby Cresties! I have two that are 5 weeks old, & another pair of eggs that are on 118 days incubation now.

Wow 118 days! Ours were around day 70 when they hatched, and they weren't in an incubator just in a humid container in our very warm apartment.

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. That will help my side when I tell my Fiance I want the Chameleon lol Sounds like the dubias would be good even without the chameleon since our meal worm (fed them to the leos) farm went out of business.

Back