• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

We Think this IS a Corn Snake!!

Your definatly right, I dont think I've seen a report as bad as that...

The bite barely left a mark on Angel's toe, but did leave the teen with an emotional scar.

Maybe it's a snow corn with a python complex.

It's one thing for the news to report bad info, but for the vet in the video to spout incorrect info.

You need to be careful around those ten foot albino corn snakes. They are dangerous... :rolleyes:

Its possible the picture they used is not of the actual snake seen, just one they had on file (assuming that the general public doesnt know/care about the differences).

DaemoNox said:
Its possible the picture they used is not of the actual snake seen, just one they had on file (assuming that the general public doesnt know/care about the differences).

What python that grows to 10 feet can bite your foot and not leave a mark? If either a burmese or reticulated got hold of this kid's foot, it would certainly leave a mark, don't you think?

I don't know a whole lot about pythons, and I'll be the first one to take correction if I'm wrong...

DaemoNox said:

That's what I thought at first--that it was just a stock photo. But if click on the video link from the story, you'll see the actual snake (which is the same as in the photo).

We saw actual footage of the snake in the news broadcast and it is the same one as shown in the picture on their web site.

That's sad. It's not just little stations though. I saw a story on CNN the other day about burmese pythons and the first picture was of a ball python. :rolleyes: I e-mailed and it was corrected by the next day.

~Katie

I sent whdh an email pointing out that it was a cornsnake and not an escaped python. I also asked them to please let the family know and to correct the story publicly.

I highly doubt that there will be any major correction. But they might tell the kid that he was bitten by the equivalent of a gecko rather than a baby crocodile.

Too bad the vet had only dealt in detail with mammals. Goes to prove the point, I guess, that you have to search out an experienced herp vet rather than the mom and pop.

tyflier said:
You need to be careful around those ten foot albino corn snakes. They are dangerous... :rolleyes:

You bet can you imagine the mice they would need? Am thinking walliby or kangeroo size?

I also sent them an e-mail letting them know this was not a python. Heck, it looks just like my Snow:

Snowinnovember2.jpg

I sent them an email explaining to them that the animals has been mis identified.. Told them I would be willing to adopt it to if they want to send it to me.. :cheers:

Regards.. Tim of T and J

I wish I had seen this yesterday. I work not far from where this happened! I have sent an email to the TV station and tried to call the closest animal hospital to see if they still had it but they are closed.

The ignorance of some people! Doesn't say much for the vets - I really hope it was the News station that made the error to sensationalize the story and not the vet!

Joanna

jodu said:
I wish I had seen this yesterday. I work not far from where this happened! I have sent an email to the TV station and tried to call the closest animal hospital to see if they still had it but they are closed.

The ignorance of some people! Doesn't say much for the vets - I really hope it was the News station that made the error to sensationalize the story and not the vet!

Joanna

Hmmm... well, doesn't look good for the vet, because in the video, the vet is talking to the camera talking about the "python" that she is holding in her hands... :rolleyes: :nope:

BeckyG said:
I also sent them an e-mail letting them know this was not a python. Heck, it looks just like my Snow:

Snowinnovember2.jpg

And Becky, are you ready to keep that python of yours when it gets to be 10 foot??? :D :D D: D: :D

Back