• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What to breed a Snow corn with??

tree

sorry for the newbie question..

ive been breeding herps for a while and i just got some corns to play with. Ive never messed with morphs before though it looks like lots of fun.

I have been reading a lot on this site but im still a little confused with genetics

what would i get if i bred my male snow corn to a :

Anerythristic Motley
Butter Corn
Candycane
Creamsicle Motley
ghost motley

Any suggestions on what i should pair the lone snow with would be great :)

I also have some extra money in my paypal and was looking to pick up another pair of cool morphs to breed.

any suggestions?

Here is a quick run down of what you would get:

snowxanery mot=anery's het for amel and motley
snowxbutter=amels het anery and carmel
snowxcandycane=amels
snowxghost mot=anery's het amel, hypo, and motley

There is a fun little program at:

http://home.epix.net/~nspencer/cornprog.zip

that will help you out. Although for some reason that link doesn't seem to be working right now, but I know it does work...hmmmm

Hope that helps a little

Ken

thanks kenster i searched for that program last night and found that the link didnt work.
if someone wants to send it to me ill put it on some spare webspace i have so people can get it again.

guess ill have to find a snow het for something to get some morph offspring f1 right?

serpenco has a lot of het snakes what do you think i should get with a snow male?

they have a snow het butter, and a snow het lavendar.
if i bred a snow het butter with my snow i would get both right?

tree,
I have the zip file on the PC here if you want I can e-mail it to you. It is about 436Kb. You can PM me or e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

As for your snow, he needs to be het something for the F1's to come out different. Other than that you'll just end up with amels, anery's or snow's if you breed it with another snow.

It all depends on what you want to see in the F2's as to what you should breed it to...

Ken

sorry your wrong

if u were to breed ur snow with a snow het butter u would get this

100% snow

50% snow

25% snow het carmel

25% snow het butter

Huh?

Eddie:

You're wrong.

1- "Your" is possessive.

B- If you were to breed a snow to a snow het caramel (aka "snow het butter") you would get all snows. Half of them (statistically) would be het for caramel, which by the way is exactly the same thing as "snow het butter."

And I'm curious how you can get 200% of a clutch to hatch.

Kenster said:
As for your snow, he needs to be het something for the F1's to come out different. Other than that you'll just end up with amels, anery's or snow's if you breed it with another snow.
I think the important point here is that breeding a snow to "anything else" will not produce any morphs other than amel, anery, and snow. (Unless the snow is het for something else, which he said.)

He probably meant to say "anything up to a snow" but I won't put words in his mouth. :)

---

Tree:
I also have some extra money in my paypal and was looking to pick up another pair of cool morphs to breed.
Heh, your question is similar to asking, "what should I get on my pizza?" (It's all a matter of taste, really.)

As for your snow, if you want to produce something other than snow and its components (anery/amel) then you would be best off getting a girl that is expressing (not just het, but expressing) something other than those two traits. Be aware that the results will most likely not show up until the F2 (the grandkids of your snow and his girlfriend.)

If you're familiar with mixing traits, the simple answer is that snow is the combination of amel and anery. Check out my morph library and you'll get an idea of what other morphs are out there, and which of them use the traits you have or want. :)

Re: Huh?

Serpwidgets said:

Kenster said:I think the important point here is that breeding a snow to "anything else" will not produce any morphs other than amel, anery, and snow. (Unless the snow is het for something else, which he said.)

He probably meant to say "anything up to a snow" but I won't put words in his mouth. :)

Yeah that is what I meant...:D Damn my typing and not thinking..I sounded so good in my head, and here I was impressed with myself..oh well back to the drawing board..;)

Thanks for clearing that up Serp...you're the man!

Ken

better explaine

qi ment to say was that u would get 100% snow but the other percents whould be what they would be example
25% of the clutch would be snow het for butter... sorry for miss-guiding u all... i will re-fraize my posts a better for now on... thanks for the correction serp

To answer the original question.............

It best think about the female choices you listed is that any of them would give you something besides normal.

Suggesting a new morph is really difficult. Search the photo gallery, find one that grabs you, and get a couple.

Back