• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to give a nest box?

Kyra Omega

The breeder I got my Butter female from said she had mated with a snow and was possibly gravid... He said the mating took place a week ago... I have had her for 3 days... She still seems normal and ate for me very EAGERYLY today ( she took f/t like a champ even though she had only ever been given live) When should I give her a nest box? She stayed in her hide the first day I got her, but now she seems to just like to lounge in the open.... Is it because she doesn't like her hide?

Wade, you procrastinator. Waiting til the last Day.... the horror.....:laugh01:

When they show signs of the pre-lay shed is the perfect time to intro the box....It helps with the shed and is a moist place for the eggs.

Well she started looking a little blue so I ended up giving her the box ( ironically on tuesday) I was away for the weekend but when I got home on sunday I had a nice clean shed waiting for me. So, I assume this is her pre-lay shed if she really is gravid. She hasn't left her nest box since at least friday.

I am super excited! I know that I should have eggs within the next 7-10 days if she read the book. If she didn't read the book. How long should I leave the nest box in with her? I wouldn't want to have her just hanging around in the damp moss forever if she doesn't lay, I imagine it wouldn't be good for her.

Thanks again :)

Back