• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What brand of Aspen do you use?

What brand of Aspen do you use?

• Zoo Med

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Fluker's

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Kaytee

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Sun Seed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Living World

• Native Earth

• Pestell Pet Products

• Petco Brand

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Dr. Foster and Smith

• Komodo

• T-Rex

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other *explain in post*

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I don't use aspen!

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

TheJadeReptile

My Little Sunshine
What brand of Aspen do you use? Just getting info on what brand of Aspen everyone uses. :shrugs:

I use Zoo Med brand Snake aspen, but looking for other options.

I don't recall the brand but it is some i got from Walmart. It comes in a relatively tightly sealed brick-like bag. It was really cheap and offer so much more bedding than it appears. It was also a lot cheaper than a bag at Petco and was a great choice especially after I see how much it expands.

I use Kaytee also. $6.29 for 3200 cu in. at farm and fleet. I'll get santi-chips also when I find them on sale.

I use what buzzard said
Mine is 4.3 cu ft for $15
It seems to me to be the same as the ZooMed (which I did buy once or twice)

I get the Kaytee also. I really like the zoo-med shredded aspen, that's the one that is shredded right? I prefer that texture, but the Kaytee aspen is like double the amount for 1/2 to 2/3rds the price and the snakes don't notice the difference. Still makes tunnels just fine.. :D

Okay thanks to the new posters above me. I am looking for something similar to the Zoo Med. I may try another shredded aspen brand and see the results I was curious about what everyone else uses.

I also use the aspen from Walmart. The brand name is 'Alfapet' I think. As far as being dusty...well, I dunno. This is the only aspen I've ever used, before this I used bed-a-beast (coco fiber). I have no frame of reference. Seems nice enough, and my corn and boa like to burrow around in it. The ball doesn't seem to care.

Back