• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

possible new morph? You decide

Christen the parents are my Bloodred het pied male and my amel het charcal het lavender female. Took alot of time to get the right mix of genes.

Hi, pretty baby!
I am sorry to ask this, but I am really interested...the right mix of genes for what exactly??
What you SHOULD have ended up with was normals het for bloodred, pied and charcoal and possibly het for lavender. Was that what you were trying for?

You did get some nice motley stuff, and I am not at all sure what that second baby is but it has to be the result of something either parent or both parents carried that you didn't know about.

Has it gone through its first shed? To me, it just looks like a freshly hatched motley (possibly some kind of hypo). They don't come out of the egg with their colors fully developed. But maybe I'm just missing something.

They're a couple nice looking babies. It'll be interesting to see what the one looks like after a few sheds.

This is what I am seeing as well.

Until they have shed once or twice, you are not going to see the full colors of a hatchling.

Wow i was going to become a cintributor tomorrow, but after that infraction stuff i think im just going to leave. I thought this was a good community i guess i was wrong. Sad thing is i replied with an apology as i realized what i had done and yet i still was " punished" for my post. Sorry again but this is no community i want to be a part of. Shame on you guys, you'd think i would only need to apologize once and here i do it again. Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry hope that makes the individual that runs this forum complety happy now!?:realhot:

I apologize that you got an infraction. Unfortunately the rules are rules and there are some that come with the intent to try and sell and get around the rules and that isn't fair to those that do become contributors. The same applies the other way. If you apologize and get off then that isn't fair to those that apologize and continue breaking the rules. One infraction is just a warning nothing to worry about. If it continues then you will get more and that is when other action will take place. Since I do think that this was/is an isolated incident for you, you don't have anything to worry about. You have learned from the mistake. Plus we don't have any control over your infractions. That comes from the mods. We didn't even know that you got an infraction till you said something. This is not public knowledge.

I hope you do not leave. I think that this would be a great place for another corn enthusiast and I know many would like updates on the surprise babies that you are getting from your clutch.

Like i said i meant no disrespect and never meant to post a sale without being a contributor. I will give this forum 1 last chance to show its a community of good intention people, like yourself. However i am hesitant and as such will wait til later to become a contributor. But i will not post furthur replies requesting business until then.

We know that you didn't and it is ok. We all make mistakes from time to time. Not a big deal at all. And you will find that it is a good community of people on this forum. I am glad to hear that you are going to stick around for a little longer.

Now back to the babies!! What all did you get? Are they all out?

Yes all babies hatched. Just waiting for them to shed and feed. We got a few standard line corns which i expected when mixing the genes. The 2 pictured in this thread are what i have worked toward for 3 years. The lighter if the 2 is a combonation of snow/anery/lavender/ and cubed motley, giving it a silvery blue color with a perfect white belly. The darker of the 2 is from the same clutch but picked up what i can onlu describe as a mutated gene that cause it to be half oketee half anery with the cubed motley pattern, with a marbleish looking red belly. Even in the pic you can see a clear line where the color goes from a tone of browns to a tone of silverish blue with red highlights. I am going to be sending a scale of this one to a genetisist friend to be gene sequenced for furthur study. My belief is that i can produce these two corn morphs again during breeding season in april with the two same parents. I have pre-named this new morph half n half's provided that the colors remain after shed and the gene sequences determine what combo i have.

I'm sorry, but I find it incredibly hard to sympathize with you on this. I've gotten infractions for things I apologized for. I broke the rules, so an infraction was deserved. Given the warnings that have been posted by the site admin for matters such as this, it could have been worse. This is an absolutely fantastic site, and we would love to have you stick around. Just give us another shot, and the rules another browse. :)
NOTICE: Posting For Sale ads on this site. (link)
SITE RULES...Expanded (link)

EDIT: I see that Christen has already made sure that you know that you're welcome to stick around, and addressed the issue. I apologize, I had started typing a reply when something at work needed my attention, and I hit submit before checking.

The lighter if the 2 is a combonation of snow/anery/lavender/ and cubed motley, giving it a silvery blue color with a perfect white belly.

I... am afraid I have to say you don't seem to understand the genetics as well as you appear you'd like to.

You can't have a combination of snow and anery. A snow is an animal that is amel + anery at the same time. Snake # 2 does not have amel showing at all. Now, it may be a moonstone motley, or simply a nice ghost motley, but it's definitely not got 'snow' in the mixture.

Also, there is no such thing as cube motley. Cube is a particular way for the stripe gene to look. You motley hatchlings are not showing any cubing at all.

The first snake probably just hasn't fully colored up yet. It happens. I mean, look. Here's Nautley when she hatched. Looks like an amel, right?

babynautley.jpg

Here's how Nautley is right now. She's a super super dark hypo.

nautley5126.jpg

Here's Heck, who went through almost as dramatic a change. See how he's a weird orangey-hypo on his front half, but looks like a ghost on his back half?

heck5111.jpg

Well, this is what he turned into.

heck3121.jpg

Also, there is no such thing as cube motley. Cube is a particular way for the stripe gene to look. You motley hatchlings are not showing any cubing at all.

I would like to see some pictures after they shed. Just because if you look at the neck area the babies do tend to look like stripes and not motley's however the back does look motley instead of cubed. But since he is seeing cubing maybe it is just the pictures on pre-shed babies? So I will wait to make my ruling on that one. lol

Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked dillegently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them

Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked dillegently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them

That's not even possible, because Amel (albino) is *no* black, at all. The Combo of Amel & Anery produces a while snake, many have a pinkish look to them, & often grow to develop yellow along the neck.

Edit to add: your snake might be *het for Snow (Amel & Anery) but the only way you would produce Snows would be to pair that snake with a visable Snow, or one with het Snow genes. You need matching genes to produce morphs like Amel, Anery, etc, meaning both parents have to carry the gene, either visibly or in het form.

By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection.

.... What? No it's not! Amel means "lacking black". Anery means "lacking red". Lacking, as in, NOT HAVING. A normal has red AND black pigment.

Look, this is an amel:

amel1.jpg

This is an anery:

litor10male31.jpg

And this is what happens when an animal is amel AND anery... AKA a 'snow'.

ferenea12093.jpg

They are NOT normals. And normals are not them.

Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an predominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I know because i have a wc Kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked diligently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them

I... um... what? No. A normal, by standard definition, has NO homozygous recessive traits. It MAY have heterozygous recessive traits, but those can only be proven out through breeding. Amel + Anery = Snow (all white, but can be pink as babies). Amels are orange and red. Anerys are grey and black. The snake you described is a normal/wildtype/classic corn. Heavy black saddles are typical of Okeetee phase corns.

Huh?!

A Normal is...a normal. Normals ar orange or red with black borders and dark eyes.

Amel + Anery is a snow. Snows are a range of white/pink with NOT black pigment and red eyes.

wow that guy looks like half blood striped half anery of some sort awesome ..the other is a striped anery type?

Back