• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First live mouse for my corn

Jynx, since your last post was a lot of smoke I'll just reply to the one comment directed at me that was flat out wrong,

I have no problem with "the brick treatment". It's instant and doesn't put your pet snake in any danger. I'm fine with hunting for meat, I'm fine with any form of killing animals for food in a respectfully way with at little suffering as possible. I'm not fine with making a fun little side show on youtube set to music. Respect other animals, respect your food and your snakes food as well.

There is probably a reason you're the only person here defending him. What he did was not what people who respect their animals and their food-animals do. It IS childish, it is a black eye on the hobby and makes us look like people who get a thrill out this kind of thing.

WOW!! Yes, exactly!
I tried to rep ya, but need to spread it around first!

Dale,
Reptile humanoids.. you crack me up buddy.. stop looking at fantasy. That is so yesterday.. Why not the Loveland Ohio Frog People?? or
werewolves.html

They've determined the origin of the Frog People:

LOLPacMan.jpg

Dale

For one that will look at the above valid points as nothing more than "smoke," I think I'll consider other sources when discussing respect.

There is probably a reason you're the only person here defending him. What he did was not what people who respect their animals and their food-animals do. It IS childish, it is a black eye on the hobby and makes us look like people who get a thrill out this kind of thing.

So, basically what you are saying is not only are you an expert, but you're also St Peter as well?

You are darn right I'm coming to his defense, but not a single person is really listening to the point of my argument... I'm coming to his defense as a person who does not deserve to be called a cruel childish idiot. While I have made points regarding what he did that I think should be considered, I'm not defending what he did so much as defending him. BTW, I'm not the only one who thinks this. I said this in the "irked" thread and I'll say it again... the 3 people who repped me for my post agree with me as well. Somany agree with me via repping, but very few say anything.

Care to guess why?

Last edited:
You are darn right I'm coming to his defense, but not a single person is really listening to the point of my argument... I'm coming to his defense as a person who does not deserve to be called a cruel childish idiot.
Let the record show that the first occurrence of the word "idiot" in this thread came from Drewby, in reference to someone else, not the OP. As I see it, nobody is calling him an idiot, but calling his behavior (posting the clip) as lacking in judgment. The only responses coming close to personal vitriol (IOW, taking it to the person, not the issue) towards the OP have been from, IMHO, RyanR.

While I have made points regarding what he did that I think should be considered, I'm not defending what he did so much as defending him. BTW, I'm not the only one who thinks this. I said this in the "irked" thread and I'll say it again... the 3 people who repped me for my post agree with me as well. Somany agree with me via repping, but very few say anything.

Care to guess why?

Because they secretly lust for you? I'm going with that one, but it just might be projection. :grin01:

Dale

If the video had just shown a live feeding, in a practical, controlled manner, I wouldn't have had an emotional response to it. I've fed live to my snakes when I've had to, (always stunned if anything from hopper upwards), so I have no axe to grind against live feeding as a necessity.
What sickened me was the sound of excited squeaks and comments from the OP and his friend, and poking the snake with tweezers.

Really Jynx, give it up.
Live feeding, ok, do what needs to be done for the SNAKE

Filming the feeding, Squealing in digust in the backround, loud music, poking the snake with tweezers, poking the mouse around and hanging it by the tail, as if the snake was not capable of catching a mouse on its own.. THOSE are the problems here, not the live feeding, so get the hell off your high and mighty and quit trying to deffend something that you cant,

you said many of us have fed live CORRECT.. when? well when the snake wont take pre killed and needs to eat, but did we film it, or poke at the snakes just to make it eat faster so we could get the video while us and our girlfriends(boyfriends) squeeled in the backround, nope don't think so.

have a nice day, untill next time :D:noevil:

For one that will look at the above valid points as nothing more than "smoke," I think I'll consider other sources when discussing respect.

Valid?

So, basically what you are saying is not only are you an expert, but you're also St Peter as well?

Whut?
Um, no. where did you read that? Your imagination? That is not where I wrote the post, I wrote it on the internet. Not your imagination.

You are darn right I'm coming to his defense, but not a single person is really listening to the point of my argument... I'm coming to his defense as a person who does not deserve to be called a cruel childish idiot. While I have made points regarding what he did that I think should be considered, I'm not defending what he did so much as defending him.

Great. While you continue to defend HIM, I will continue to criticize his actions. Which are childish. Which the majority (everyone but you) in this thread agree with.

the 3 people who repped me for my post agree with me
Only three? I've gotten reps from this thread too, you know.
; )

I've been repped as well.
By people who have spoken out in this thread and aren't afraid for their opinions to be known.

The bottom line, that video made this hobby look bad.
This video made ME look bad, because I'm in this hobby.

I have a huge problem with that.
And whenever or wherever I see someone making this hobby, and ME, look bad, you bet your bippy I'm going to speak up!!

(put that in your pipe and smoke it!)

I can see it from both sides. Jynx- you are right because he does not deserve to be pounded with criticism over and over and over. If he didn't know the dangers of live feeding, then I hope he does now.

I fed a few live mice when I was 11 because I was simply an idiot. Once I matured and gained knowledge my practices also matured.

Everyone else- I completely agree. His video is immature, rude, and a "black eye" to the entire hobby. I can see why everyone is so offended simply because other ignorant people out there believe ALL snake owners practice this behavior. His abusive video is just one more argument to "ban all reptiles in the pet trade."

And whenever or wherever I see someone making this hobby, and ME, look bad, you bet your bippy I'm going to speak up!!

(put that in your pipe and smoke it!)

Sheesh, Bethany.....you're making ME look young.

(Go ahead.....sock it to me!) ;)

Dale

I can see it from both sides. Jynx- you are right because he does not deserve to be pounded with criticism over and over and over. If he didn't know the dangers of live feeding, then I hope he does now.

Thank you! Out of how many thousand members we have, really only one person was able to see my full point... wow. Again... I'm starting to lose faith.

Really Jynx, give it up.
Live feeding, ok, do what needs to be done for the SNAKE

Filming the feeding, Squealing in digust in the backround, loud music, poking the snake with tweezers, poking the mouse around and hanging it by the tail, as if the snake was not capable of catching a mouse on its own.. THOSE are the problems here, not the live feeding, so get the hell off your high and mighty and quit trying to deffend something that you cant,

you said many of us have fed live CORRECT.. when? well when the snake wont take pre killed and needs to eat, but did we film it, or poke at the snakes just to make it eat faster so we could get the video while us and our girlfriends(boyfriends) squeeled in the backround, nope don't think so.

have a nice day, untill next time :D:noevil:

That is the kind of immature callous remark that should have no home on ANY forum. Say something worthwhile, or don't speak at all. That kind of post will get you reported, as well as drive people away from this site.

I suggest thinking before speaking young man. I guess I gave you too much credit since at 19, most people are able to conduct themselves as adults. Until then, you can add me to your ignore list, and I'll do the same :)

Ya know, I'm done with this thread, and if this kind of behavoir is now "acceptable" here, then shame on you. There is a right way and a wrong way to argue. There are a few posts in this thread that gave great arguments as to why they thought what they thought, and I commend those few people (not that it matters to them, but I do). However they were heavily shadowed by the onslaught of condescending insults, and IMHO weren't deserved. No one here holds a gavel (except maybe Rich), so no one gets to act like it. Stating opinions and presenting supporting detail is one thing, but an attack is another, and I saw attacks.

This entire place is going downhill from what I can tell, and I've only been back for a few weeks, I'm sure compliments of the "new community" that runs it... this was not the original mission of this site, and I won't help justify that sort of behavoir. If being exceptionally rude and hateful towards fellow herpers instead of being helpful and explanatory (heck even maybe just a teensy weensy bit patient) makes you feel better about yourself, and that is really the kind of person you are, then by all means more power to you, but I will not be apart of it. Mind you, this comes from nothing resembling a "high horse" as was "suggested" earlier, but rather comes from someone thas has a conscience.

Last edited:
Back