• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First live mouse for my corn

Very pretty snake.
You know if the store ran out of frozen, you can put the mouse in your freezer. That's what I have to do because no one sells frozen here. I'm getting some one to build me a CO2 chamber soon so it will be a bit more humane.

by the sounds of everyone in the backround.. it was done for kicks rather then the need to feed the snake, you could have skipped a week, that snake looks rather heavy for 14 months old anyways..

Do yourself and us a favor, remove that video, if you need too.. or insist on feeding live, then do it.. but there is no reason to post even more of those videos on the internet, and even more so youtube.. it just fuels the fire for all the snake haters, really, why do you need to record your snake killing that "cute" mouse.?

:noevil:

Ps. get as pissy as you want, its the truth.. posting the video feels like an attention grab, coated with an "excuse" of why it "had" to be done..

Take care,
RyanR

by the sounds of everyone in the backround.. it was done for kicks rather then the need to feed the snake, you could have skipped a week, that snake looks rather heavy for 14 months old anyways..

Do yourself and us a favor, remove that video, if you need too.. or insist on feeding live, then do it.. but there is no reason to post even more of those videos on the internet, and even more so youtube.. it just fuels the fire for all the snake haters, really, why do you need to record your snake killing that "cute" mouse.?

:noevil:

Ps. get as pissy as you want, its the truth.. posting the video feels like an attention grab, coated with an "excuse" of why it "had" to be done..

Take care,
RyanR

Sure, I posted it because it was a first experience and I'll admit I thought it was very cool as I've never seen it before. If I was really tempted to show off feeding a live mouse I would have done it sooner than waiting over a year. And FYI, I did not invite "everyone" to watch. It was just my girl and I -- me being silent most of the time. Sorry if it bothers you that I have less experience with how things work with snakes, videos, and haters. I posted it on Youtube so my friends could also be part of my first live feed. I posted it here because this is the only snake forum I visit. Are there rules against this? I'm just contributing what I can to this forum (not a lot). This video may even fuel potential snake owners to get one. Who knows! I sure don't care about them haters.

Sure, I posted it because it was a first experience and I'll admit I thought it was very cool as I've never seen it before. If I was really tempted to show off feeding a live mouse I would have done it sooner than waiting over a year. And FYI, I did not invite "everyone" to watch. It was just my girl and I -- me being silent most of the time. Sorry if it bothers you that I have less experience with how things work with snakes, videos, and haters. I posted it on Youtube so my friends could also be part of my first live feed. I posted it here because this is the only snake forum I visit. Are there rules against this? I'm just contributing what I can to this forum (not a lot). This video may even fuel potential snake owners to get one. Who knows! I sure don't care about them haters.

I think one point Ryan is trying to make is that videos like that make others who see it think it is okay to feed live when they really shouldn't unless the snake refuses to eat F/T. And it makes other non-herp people not like our hobby even more and just gives them more things to complain about.

I have a bull snake who absolutely refuses to eat frozen mice so I have no other option but to feed him live. I would much prefer to feed him frozen, but after wasting a few mice trying to get him to eat to no avail, I bought him a live and he didn't hesitate. Very pretty snake!

My first thought was..."oh no, not ANOTHER sickening U-Tube live feed video by some teenager....".

Not cool at all.....

Agreed. There are just too many tacky feeding videos on youtube already, why add to the jackassery? I won't even post f/t feeding picks of my guys, I just feel there is WAY more to owning snakes than how they eat. I want to spread ideas like that around.

I have a bull snake who absolutely refuses to eat frozen mice so I have no other option but to feed him live.

feeding live because you have to is different than what he's doing. If you can't get f/t, skipping a feeding is preferable. If you HAVE to feed live, taking video of it and posting it on you tube, then spreading the link around is...juvenile.

Agreed. There are just too many tacky feeding videos on youtube already, why add to the jackassery? I won't even post f/t feeding picks of my guys, I just feel there is WAY more to owning snakes than how they eat. I want to spread ideas like that around.

feeding live because you have to is different than what he's doing. If you can't get f/t, skipping a feeding is preferable. If you HAVE to feed live, taking video of it and posting it on you tube, then spreading the link around is...juvenile.

^^^ My feelings exactly!

I see live feedings vids on youtube as just another black eye for this hobby.

For reals.

Mice are warm blooded animals, which means they go into hypothermia when their bodies cool. It is not a pleasant way to go. It is, in fact, unnecessarily and extraordinarily cruel.

And don't even start me on cruelty to feeders....
they are as capable of feeling pain and fear than any dog or cat.....

What makes your video tasteless like all the rest of the UTube videos is how the music gets turned up.....sorry...nothing of value or educational about it in my opinion. As others have said....just another smear on the hobby. By the way, I do have two snakes that eat only live, I'm not against it when that's the only feeding option, but I don't post it for those who get kicks out of it to see.

Use the tweezers to move the snake...with the pointy end nonetheless...bravo. Careful you'll put an eye out.

For reals.

Mice are warm blooded animals, which means they go into hypothermia when their bodies cool. It is not a pleasant way to go. It is, in fact, unnecessarily and extraordinarily cruel.

Hence why I am making a C02 chamber because I am not capable of killing it anyother way.

The video is still up, this proves my point.. juvenile..
sadly your in the same age bracket as me.. and that makes everyone my age look bad, when some of us have respect for the animals (you have none.. come on, you were picking the snake up with the sharp end of the tweezers and moving it around like its a toy.. not to mention the mouse..)

you don't need to sit here and make excuses as to why you did it, we see it all the time and can see through the excuses, just fess up to it and delete the stupid video, and we can all go back to enjoying our snakes for more then watching them kill other animals

Take care,

RyanR

A live feeding clip on YouTube, complete with cranked music and a squealing "OMG OMG OMG!!!!!1!!11!!!!" in the background.

Novel.

:nope:
Dale

So to the OP did you notice how close that snake was to getting bit? The whole time the mouse was being constricted its head was free to do what it could to get free?
Im not bashing you but a hole in the snake wont be fun to deal with

Back