• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bell Sunrise

zorro

Old Guy
Sean (VMSherp) came by the house today and brought this pair of Bell Sunrise to me. I have seen these for a couple of years bred by Don (SMR). Loved to get the pair, the big thing about these is the transformation they go through.
This is what Sean says about them:
"Homozygous for Amel, Motley and Sunrise, three recessive mutations. A very new morph, the Sunrise allele is truly unique. Hatchlings look similar to Snow Motleys, but with a suffusion of orange throughout. After a few sheds, they darken to a typical Amel Motley appearance. At 2-3 years of age, they undergo another transformation, and speckles of white develop! The amount of expression varies from almost none to a heavily patterned 'calico' look. Since juveniles appear identical to regular Amel Motleys"
John
BellSunriseF1-11.jpg

BellSunriseM1-11.jpg

I THINK I hatched a sunrise motley out of my charcoal tessera clutch today. Maybe it will be out of the egg tomorrow and I can get a pic for some people to verify. It appears like a really light colored amel, almost tangerine colored in the egg.

Neat animals, thanks for the pics

dc

I THINK I hatched a sunrise motley out of my charcoal tessera clutch today. Maybe it will be out of the egg tomorrow and I can get a pic for some people to verify. It appears like a really light colored amel, almost tangerine colored in the egg.

dc

Hey, how the heck do you get sunrise mots from a charcoal tessera clutch and even more to the point I WANT TO SEE CHARCOAL TESSERAS!!!!!!!!
John

Hey, how the heck do you get sunrise mots from a charcoal tessera clutch and even more to the point I WANT TO SEE CHARCOAL TESSERAS!!!!!!!!
John

Not sure how it happened. It could be that it is just a really light colored amel, but we will see. The parents are not het bloodred that we know of, but one snake (amel) hatched out with a plain belly and no lateral markings at all. It was out of the egg this morning along with one charcoal and one charcoal tessera. I have 2 normal tesseras, a normal blizzard and one more charcoal tessera all still in the egg. I'll get pics this evening.

dc

dc

Wouldn't it be more likely that it is an amel striped (or motley?) Tessera?

Wouldn't it be more likely that it is an amel striped (or motley?) Tessera?

Definitely not striped tessera, possibly a motley tessera but I doubt it. I will try and get some pics tonight. Too much o\ther stuff going on at work right now

dc

Very interesting! I think it's cool that you got two specimens that look pretty different from each other as well.

Looking forward to seeing how they progress and what you do with these guys! Another good project for you John. :cheers:

Beautiful babies John! Congrats!
I also have a pair from Sean.:)
So looking forward to seeing how they progress and, now, how yours progress as well.

Very interesting! I think it's cool that you got two specimens that look pretty different from each other as well.

Looking forward to seeing how they progress and what you do with these guys! Another good project for you John. :cheers:

I was wondering the same thing but Sean (VMS) said they transform several times:
"Hatchlings look similar to Snow Motleys, but with a suffusion of orange throughout. After a few sheds, they darken to a typical Amel Motley appearance. At 2-3 years of age, they undergo another transformation, and speckles of white develop! The amount of expression varies from almost none to a heavily patterned 'calico' look. Since juveniles appear identical to regular Amel Motleys, we recommend they be acquired from very reputable breeders only as the potential for cheating is huge."
Thanks Sean
John

Back