• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New baby UNKNOWN BREED!

AnnaJackTN

Hi All,
I just got a new baby from a friend that was going to kill the little thing so I took him? in.....His main color is black with a yellowish green belly and little yellow rings down his body.....His face is shaped like my corn so I don't believe he is venomous.....Anyway he is so cute....And well my question is if anyone has any pictures of baby black rat snakes or I found one that kind of favored him was a eastern king so any help is great.....Also he is about 7 in long real little thing...And do you think he need different food besides pinkies since he (was) wild?
My hubby is buying me a digital camera soon since my other one broke.And will post pic then...
Anna
Alice(Okeetee corn)
Kong(King OR RAT)

I can't wait to see pictures!

btw, reptiles don't have "breeds" like dogs and horses.
Reptiles have species.

Eastern Kingsnake?? (Doh- I missed the part where you guessed that was what he was. Mike would know. Or Jeff or Craig.) Is his build like a corn, or fatter?

Nanci

Thanks

Thanks for the correction on the Specieas ....Will remember in the future...And I am also thinking Eastern Kingsnake.....But would love to see pic if anyone has any....
Anna

Umm yeah he is smaller then my corn was when we got her but same build just color is different...He is about 6 to 7 inches long so very young....But I can handel him and he doesn't try to bite me....
Anna

sounds like a black racer baby. I am not sure about Tenn...but they are illegal to own here in VA.
10_02_04_7.jpg

Is that him?

Yes thats him!

That Black racer looks nothing like this little fellow...Wrong everything....But that very last pic is him to a tee....I also found two that look just like him...But I have dial up and it won't let me upload them...But The last pic that Tyflier posted is him..
Thank you to everyone who responded...My friend tried to tell me it was a baby rattle snake but there was just no way he was one....
Anna
Alice(Okeetee Corn)
Kong(Eastern King)

So are you keeping him? Or is he just visiting? (Saw one, an adult, at Snakes a couple days ago for $100!!)

Nanci

We are going to keep him.....I had my old tank from my corn .We set it up with everything.Water tub, hiding tube, UTH, Aspen,Rock and stick......all we have to buy him is some food.....And we are doing that this weekend....Hope he is a eater...Quick question should I feed him live food since he was wild?
Anna

No- I'd try FT first. Nice and hot, maybe with a couple slits in the back. No reason he shouldn't take it. He's a kingsnake! I have at least two snakes who were fed live before I got them- neither had any trouble making a switch. It's more likely that your baby king has just never had a rodent at all and is thinking more along the lines of lizards- but I bet he'll eat a pink just fine.

Nanci

real quick...Do Kings love the water? Cause this little fellow loves to swim. More times then not he is swimming in his water tub.....He is real entertaining.....My Corn just stayed hid when we got her...So this is cool....And thanks..
Anna
Alice(Okeetee)
Kong(King)

Lol yeah I just think it is so cool watching him swim around in circles......
He loves the water...I am thinking on another name for him...
Something to do with water..Lol
Anna

Back