• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph identification

Heh, technical difficulties with my SD card. It would only read half of the picture before going kaput. I tried to get it working last night but I had to crash before seeing results (morning classes: the bane of my existence).

By some form of divine intervention it seems to be uploading normally right now, so barring any form of technical sucker punching I should have them up soonish.

Alright! So, these are a little bit fuzzy because she wouldn't hold still for me. Normally she plants herself around my watch (she's madly in love with it me thinks....) and stays there, proooobably should have switched hands.... In any case, more pics!

Picturesu008.jpg

Picturesu014.jpg

Picturesu015.jpg

Picturesu016.jpg

Picturesu020.jpg

Picturesu019.jpg

Picturesu017.jpg

This last one is kinda funny, she went and said hi to the camera~

Picturesu021.jpg

One of these days I need to hunt down one of my friends with a high quality camera, these pictures don't do her justice!

That snake has way too much red orange to be a Butter anything.

Here are pictures which I've found from doing a basic search on this site.. *ehhem* which could be performed by anyone.

Butter Motley
by scrufdog
P1010834.JPG

Butter Cube/Stripe
by doogle
P1030023.jpg

Butter Stripe
by windowswisher
47961_427585615740_727665740_5573293_69865_n.jpg

The snake in question's saddles and stripes look too orange/red to me. Butter stripes are varying shades of yellow, not orange.

Also, take the snake in my avatar as an example.
He is quite orange, but has way too much red orange to be a Butter Motley.

Here are a few pictures of him:
_1010039.jpg

In higher sun
_1010051.jpg

As a baby. No denying that he is NOT a Butter from this photo..
IMG_3465.jpg

Pretty amel motley! I can't say I'm an expert but if that's a creamsicle, it's several generations removed from the original hybrid cross, because that sure looks like a pure cornsnake head to me. Nice snake!

The snake in your avatar is freakin' gorgeous! His colors are absolutely amazing!!

As it stands with mine, it's possible she'll grow out of her yellowish colouring and dark up some, or go full orange. She's still only 7ish months, so she has a lot of time to change.... Is there an age/size their colour stops adjusting? I'm not going to rule out the possibility of creamsicle in her makeup, but if she was a full on first generation creamsicle she probably would have been advertised as such... Mind you, she was advertised as a sunglow, but at that young of an age mistakes tend to happen.

If I do end up breeding her, which probably won't happen, and if it did wouldn't be for YEARS, I'll make a note to make a note about the babies having possible creamsicle in their blood.

Who said he was a 'butter motley'...???.................

Looks most like Doogle's, except a little more orangish.

Although I stand by my post #10.
IMHO, I'm thinking amel striped, of the cubed persuasion, maybe het for caramel.

But, when I hear hoofbeats, I usually think horses before zebras.
...and zebras before unicorns.

You purchased her as an amel stripe. I see nothing that would change that. Yes, she has alot of yellow wash, but that sure doesn't make her a butter or a creamsicle. It's just her color. In a year, she'll probably be a different shade of orange anyway.

I would say amel jacked up wicked ghetto cool motley. I was thinking creamsicle till the last pictures you posted. Most of the time breeders know what they are talking about so I would stick with amel. Very prettttttty snake tho what ever it is!!!!!!

Who said he was a 'butter motley'...???.................

She was sold as a sunglow stripe, but she looks too yellow to be a sunglow, so I thought maybe she's a butter, but her markings are more orange then I've seen on a butter.... well, from pictures on the internet at any rate. :p

My first guess was amel, but then I saw other pictures and how orange it was. Then I went to butter. So it's most likely butter or creamcicle? .

:shrugs: Just being thorough by putting the Butter Motley in with the pictures to show it is NOT a Butter Mot. I think the main thing that identifies that snake as a Cube (besides what it was sold as) instead of a Motley is the width of the neck stripes. It's "cubes" look pretty Motleyish to me.
That can be confusing to visually ID.

Back