• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph help please :)

pip12

So, not even month after getting my first baby, a sweet amel :), I fell in love with an adult corn from the reptile shop I always go to. His name is Prince he is so sweet an laid back. I have yet to see a corn like him...he kind of looks like a ghost from my research:laugh01: but doesn't quite fit the bill. His head has no pattern and his belly is mostly plain but with black/yellow checkers scattered. Not that I really care what he is, he is so beautiful and I'm so curious:). Thanks
PC300125_zpsa342f646.jpg

PC300128_zpsc882dd89.jpg

PC300123_zps8bdbc3b7.jpg

PC300104_zps4ade8e70.jpg

Looks like a ghost, although his weird patterning makes me wonder if he has any other species going on in him...

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far :) I was also thinking Ghost but like Isoldeal said i find his pattern weird but I'm not experienced enough to know. One of the workers at the reptile shop said he raised him personally from a hatchling....though corns are not his specialty and called him a Butter Aztec so I wont take his word for it lol. He does kind of look like the Gray ratsnake..maybe he does have something else mixed in. He's looks to be on the big side for a corn. I will weigh hime tonight. :)

Yeah, the previous guy figuring the snake was a "butter/aztec" proves he doesn't know the first thing about corns right off the bat...LOL! There's really know way of knowing what it actually is though, because it could be an odd-looking ghost, or be an anery corn x Gray Rat product of whatever percentage. The sparce belly checkering, lack of head pattern, broken/voided saddling and spotting on the sides, and even the large size could easily be from Gray ratsnake influence. Those crosses (known as "frosted" corns) can look very similar.

Also, female ghosts tend to be a bit darker as a general rule than males, and I noticed that the tail in the one pic seems sort of short and tapered for a male. Might be "Princess" instead of "Prince", tough to say though from that one photo. :laugh:

~Doug

I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a thing about morphs, but it really does look to have some gray rat somewhere. I'm jealous, I really like that snake lol

Yeah, the previous guy figuring the snake was a "butter/aztec" proves he doesn't know the first thing about corns right off the bat...LOL! There's really know way of knowing what it actually is though, because it could be an odd-looking ghost, or be an anery corn x Gray Rat product of whatever percentage. The sparce belly checkering, lack of head pattern, broken/voided saddling and spotting on the sides, and even the large size could easily be from Gray ratsnake influence. Those crosses (known as "frosted" corns) can look very similar.

Also, female ghosts tend to be a bit darker as a general rule than males, and I noticed that the tail in the one pic seems sort of short and tapered for a male. Might be "Princess" instead of "Prince", tough to say though from that one photo. :laugh:

~Doug

Great insight, thanks so much! Considering he breeds snakes (mostly boas) I would like to assume that he sexes his snakes. But at this point I‘d probably take your guess over his Lol, maybe I can get a better pic of his tail.
You guys are bringing up the results I came to when researching. I though he could possibly be a silver queen..but I read how uncommon it would be. He really may be mixed or “hybrid“. Who knows! I don‘t care really but I think he‘s interesting looking :)

I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a thing about morphs, but it really does look to have some gray rat somewhere. I'm jealous, I really like that snake lol

You made my head swell with this comment hehe! Great compliment to get for a complete snake newbie

I just seen this thread now, and DOES look a lot to me like a grey oaks rat snake, they had a young one at the reptile shop I got my snake at and he looked just like that! but smaller, they are partly tree dwelling.. but are very similar to corns care wise!

I love the eyes.. that's why I was admiring the one the shop today! :eek:

Back