• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Introducing Mingo: Opal Stripe

Nanci

Alien Lover
This is little Miss Flamingo, 2009 Serpenco Opal Stripe. Future Mrs. Mango!! Mingo was unpacked at FedEx, so the nice ladies there could see a pink baby snake. They all ooh-ed and ah-ed appropriately! A customer admired her, too. We had a short class in cornsnake genetics.

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 002cr.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 002cr.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 156
She looks so tiny! I always forget how small they are. Mingo, however, has already munched three meals, and weighs in at 8 grams. She greeted me by striking, causing me to jump in fear! How silly...

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 005_800.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 005_800.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 156
I took a few pictures of her, and never managed to get her head in focus.

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 003cr_800.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 003cr_800.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 155
Another, with poor lighting. But it's better than nothing!

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 004cr.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 004cr.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 155
Even though Mingo is miniscule, I took her out for a couple quick pics at the water garden. First, with Queen of the Nile. (Horrible photo, but it shows her pretty stripes!!)

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 008cr.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 008cr.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 152
Second, my favorite picture: Mingo and Albert Greenberg.

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv 007cr.jpg
    Mingo's Viv 007cr.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 151
Finally, a picture of Mingy's new home. She had a little drink and is now settling in nicely! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Mingo's Viv.jpg
    Mingo's Viv.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 70
I had a feeling this is what you got....congrats Nanci! She's stunning!!! What a perfect shade of pink. :)

Wow, another Opal Stripe.:) She is beautiful! Congrats, Nanci!

Thank you! This was definitely an unplanned snake, but while I was investigating the ancestry of the Other Mrs. Mango, Cali, (lav "stripe" het amel) I unearthed the fact that she only has one stripe parent, although she is a phenotypic stripe. So, just in case when I breed her, she starts popping out opal and lavender motleys, (not that there is anything wrong with that!) I still wanted to be able to produce 100% genetically unquestionable opal stripes. And fortunately Rich had one little girl who is just perfect!!!

What a beautiful little girl. I bet Mango will be one happy boy... ;)
And that water dish is GREAT!!! "Diva"... LOL :laugh:

You can never go wrong with a snake from Rich - she is just beautiful Nanci. And I love that water bowl - absolutely priceless!

She is beautiful. Maybe in three years I'll have the money saved to get one of Mango and Flamingo's babies. ;)

I can't believe the little princess was rattling and striking at me!! PInk snakes aren't supposed to bite!!

Beautiful, Nanci!!!
If you have got a super secret snake you're going to sneak over on us, that is even more special than Miss Flamingo Mango, I don't know if I'll be able to live through it.

Thanks! I think she's more colorful than Mango. Or her stripes show up better, anyway. She is quite sure there is a way out of her prison; she just has to find it!

Back