• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

After Much Loss & 3 years...

sierraherps

Sean, Mary Ann & the kids
WE GOT ONE!!! Woooo Hoooo! THANKX TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED US THROUGH THESE LAST 3 YEARS! And although we are both a bit puzzled at it's markings and colors, (comparitively speaking to the info that came with the mated pair that pruduced this beauty), and although it would seem, by all calculations to be nearly 2 weeks early.... WE GOT ONE!!! World, meet the best Birthday Present my hubby coulda woke up to this AM -

"BB" temp name, "Birthday Buddy"

picture.php

BB as I am temporarily calling her/him... weighed in at 3 oz and is just a hair under 7" long. . . Now we have 2 snakes that were born on July 12 - just 3 years apart! lol HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN, MY SEAN!

picture.php

Congrats! What a lovely snake!

Thankx and I KNOW! lol Just wish to goodness I new WHAT morph that is, and WHERE she got it?! lol the double black stripe with the white stripe center runs over half her length... I haven't seen any "MOTLEYS" with that pefect striping on top..... VERY COOL, but unkown... any one?

But even if we never truly know. IM just THRILLED we finally succeeded in at least ONE hatchling!!! lol (how many days till another may hatch... just curious, since she laid them all in one night, I just assumed they would hatch in one 24 hour period too.... silly me huh! lol

Supposedly they are both upper keys mots, with only bloodred and amel hets. Sorry to butt in, lol they're my parents snakes.

A word of advice: Don't sell that snake. It looks different. It could just be a weird pattern from the incubation/ hatching early or something, but it looks like no other corn morph I am familiar with. The top part could look motley but the speckled sides are crazy looking, and the color is different too. Its pattern kinda slightly resembles a tessera more than anything else. Does it have belly checkers?

Well upon "the glance" we took at his underside, there were only a very few darker squares... mostly and predominatly pale creamy white... And we are thinking the same thing as far as "Where The Morph did THIS come from!" - considering it has now been over 40+ hours since he pipped and there is still no sign of any others yet, I am reassured that my original figuring of the "Approx Hatching Date" is still correct, this one...? Well, it WAS hubby Birthday~! LOL And no worries, this little beauy is going NO WHERE, other than "future breeding" possiblilities here at home in a couple years! I can hardly wait until it gets a bit bigger and we see how the color and pattern mature~! THIS ALMOST makes up for those first two nightmare years leading up to this one... And thankx for your input is SO appriciated~

Here is a photo of the long time mated pair that produced this little wonder...along with another View of Hubbys "BB" - tiny GORGEOUS little thing that he/she is!

"THE FOLKS" (our Son's descript above is right on the money) this is what they looked like during the 2010 breeding season...

picture.php

"THE SUPER-SNAKE SURPRISE" - (no idea where to even begin as far as "what" morph or hets should be used in this little ones description - but pictures worth a thousand words is all I can come up with at this point!) lol

picture.php

Very pretty.

So had this pair been mated to each other before and not produced a baby like this? Or was this their first time breeding?

We bought them from a woman back east Jan 2009 - they came to us as a "Proven Mated Pair, with the female double clutching every year, even when you didn't want her too. We were also told that although they were het for bloodred, they had never produced one... and that is about it... we tried numerous times to contact that woman through the whole 2009 breeding season with questions ect.. but to no avail. sorry I know, it's not much help... but it's all we got.

To our knowledge, they have been a "mated Pair" since 2006 - And the female is SO tiny, we just attributed it to her being over bred and bred to young. 5 years of double clutching... from 25 to 38 eggs (according to her written record that came with her, in 2007 there was a total of 38 eggs in 2 clutches.. but NOTHING in her hand written records ever said one thing about any of her offspring... just the amount of eggs layed...) weird huh!

Yeah, no info on the offspring is a bit weird...

I read your other post, little one hatched early didn't it! Sorry about the twin though. Hopefully the others will hatch on time and you can see if there's any more like this little one or maybe it was just because it hatched so early that it looks so different. **shrug** defiantly a keeper... I guess he just wanted to come out for your hubby lol.

As for feeding, you should be fine if you cut a pink in half length wise. or if that still seems too big, pink heads.

Keep us updated on him and the rest of the clutch!

Why Thank You very much Airidies, I kinda figured the half lengthwise thing, than thought, hmmm, messy I'll bet! lol But never thought of just the pinky head~ Thankx bunches! Will be trying to get her to eat in the am...
And I "will" keep ya all updated on the rest, am hoping enough will pip to at least help get some clue as to BB's origins at least, a premie totally freak morph of environment? Or a prelude to more surprises?! LOL Oh, and here is the latest of BB...
Baby's First Drink of Water....

picture.php

All except one of the eggs is still plump, that one, is only just got a small wrinkle, so prolly will be a few more days, at least, (as I had originally plotted)! I will now say Good Night... figuring I better sleep now, cuz once THAT pipping starts... LOL I'M THERE UNTIL THE LAST TAIL EMERGES!!! ...............night!

Yeah, I agree. Something about that snake seems different. I'd be growing it up and breeding to a parent.

Back