• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Caught today in Jax Fl

Well honestly I don't know about the snake and whether or not these are natural habitats or it's a released pet.
My qualm is just with the fact that the snake is being peddled I suppose.

Not being a jerk here, I understand your qualm, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? If the snakes you have pictured on your site are yours, then you have a few corn morphs. I think I saw a motley and an anery. Those traits originated in the wild, so what makes them any different than this snake? All the traits/morphs we see originated from wild animals in one way or another right? It may have been produced in captivity, but at one time that trait was in a wild animal that was captured and bred. Make sense?

BUt for the record, the colors look like a rat, I am betting it is either a true wc yellow rat or an escaped pet.

dc

Just for the record, this guy contacted me about this snake and emailed me the photos. I said I thought it was some sort of rat snake, but not a corn. Wild caught amelanistics do turn up on occasion, so I suggested that he post this here and maybe find someone who may be interested in this animal. The guy is not really a snake guy. This sort of animal may be valuable to someone, so I would hate to see what could possibly be a true wild caught albino just get tossed back into the woods to become owl bait.

rich z... good choice.. Im somewhat interested in him.. the only thing that bothers me about the snake is does he have any diseases im sure he has parasites how is that treated.. he looks to me to be bout a yr old by the size.. I may be wrong bout that. how does he handle.. if he is wild will i get something that will take a finger off for the first 3 mnths of me having him.. which is pretty much a question when u get a snake that was captive hatched.. these are all things that I am questioning.. how diffrent are rat snakes from corn snakes?

Not being a jerk here, I understand your qualm, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? If the snakes you have pictured on your site are yours, then you have a few corn morphs. I think I saw a motley and an anery. Those traits originated in the wild, so what makes them any different than this snake? All the traits/morphs we see originated from wild animals in one way or another right? It may have been produced in captivity, but at one time that trait was in a wild animal that was captured and bred. Make sense?

BUt for the record, the colors look like a rat, I am betting it is either a true wc yellow rat or an escaped pet.

dc

IMO there is a huge difference between breeding a humble pair(s) of WC's so we can introduce them to the pet trade then raping the ecosystem and only selling WC then CH or CB so i dont think its too hypocritical.

great looking snake! i would take if off your hands for ya ;)

I WANT IT. To me, it looks like it could be an albino yellow rat, but given the size, I think most YR's have already begun to get their stripes by then.

Would you be able to meet at a halfway point? It would be an hour and a half drive for me one way.

I wonder if we'll ever figure out what it is. Don't forget the wussy glove!! Oh, wait, if a non-snake person can handle it without a glove, then you're probably ok.

I wonder if we'll ever figure out what it is. Don't forget the wussy glove!! Oh, wait, if a non-snake person can handle it without a glove, then you're probably ok.

Darn Nanci, you beat me to it, I was just coming back....

So glad it is going to a good home! That is exciting. I would be a little mean too if I had been out there fending for myself and all of a sudden a giant was handling me. Maybe it will settle down after you have had it awhile. Maybe not, time will tell.

LoL... happy I didnt go through with getting him if he is mean.. I wouldnt have been able to deal with him.. LoL.. congrats.. please be sure to post pics.. I think he is gorgeous

Good luck Robbie! Is anyone speculating on what it is yet, or are we waiting for Robbie to return for a better I.D? That would be great if it was a true wild Albino something, and not a released pet, especially if it is an Albino of a species that has yet to be bred in captivity before.
Either way, nice find. There's really no likely chance he would've survived in the wild, and it will be interesting to see the story develop.

IMO, it looks like an albino yellow rat snake.
(NOT MY PHOTO)
P1010521.jpg

Robbie, I'm glad to hear you are snagging it. I'm very interested to see your photos and opinions on him.

Back