• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fresh Shed

My lovely GTP boy shed, tonight. First time since I've owned him. I call him "Mr. I Don't Eat" for a reason. I'm hoping that since he shed tonight, perhaps he'll eat, soon. Any guesses?

Anyway, here he is:

mrgtp1a.jpg

mrgtp2a.jpg

mrgtp3a.jpg

mrgtp4a.jpg

No expert...but maybe temp,humidity,privacy. How new is the animal?? Could be that he/she 's noy settled in yet???

No expert...but maybe temp,humidity,privacy. How new is the animal?? Could be that he/she 's noy settled in yet???

Temp: Right on, according to my research. About 85 F. at the top, and mid 70's at the bottom. Humidity: Too low, and no amount of spraying or blocking up the screen top helps keep it right. At the moment, I struggle to keep it at 60%. I've had him for about 2 months, so if he's not settled in, I don't know when he will be! Privacy? I hadn't thought of that. He's displayed in the living room. Plenty of fake plants in his viv, though. However, I'd happily move him to the snake room if anyone thinks that would help.

Humidity: Too low, and no amount of spraying or blocking up the screen top helps keep it right. At the moment, I struggle to keep it at 60%. I'v

One thing I do for my A. Versicolor is keep her in a plastic container with few holes, and those holes are covered with material similar to a coffee filter. Perhaps if you cover the screen with coffee filters or some kind of material. Also, is the enclosure glass? Glass seems to be the worst for holding onto humidity. You may want to switch to plastic or acrylic.

Check this thread out, it's the progression of a Chondro complete with pictures of its set up. Maybe it will help.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72231

Very nice looking boy.:) Hope he eats, soon, for you.

Speaking of glass enclosure, etc. ... I have found that keeping my Chondros (and ATBs) in large plastic tubs has kept the humidity better than glass tanks/enclosures did.
Of course, the tubs are not the best as beautiful display cases/enclosures.;)
When they were in tanks, I saran wrapped most (almost all) of the screen top (along with having an extra bowl of water, or two, in their enclosures - which I still do). Although the tubs are still better, it helped with keeping humidity in the tank.

He's beautiful. Congrats on such a pretty snake! Have you tried covering the top of his viv with damp towel? When I do that for my girls (pre-shed), it bumps the humidity from below 30 to up to 60-70. I have to redampen the towel twice a day.

Back