• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

LEAST Favourite Morph

Itsnowingcorns

Stuffy Brit
There are plenty of 'favourite morph' threads out there, now I want to know the morph you all dislike the most, and remember to leave a rant about it!
I'll start off with opals. Ugh, the colours make them look bruised! Also I don't like hypo lavs much, even though they seem to be the favourite of many on the forum :rolleyes:

My two least faves are the bubblegum snows (pinks and greens) and the reverse Okeetees. Which is ironic, considering I'm looking at maybe getting a lime green reverse Okee male. :shrugs: I just really like how very different he is. And since each snake is different, I prefer to see them in person. I don't really care for amels, either, but I have one that I love! It's all personal preference.

Charcoals, anerys... Anything that takes the red or yellow away! But I think a beautiful normal is unbeatable!

Mine would have to be Kisatchie's or Miami's. I'm just not fond of the washed out red/orange on gray look. It's odd because I like the Anery's and love the charcoals (especially pewters!). But the washed out bland in the miami's and kisatchies don't turn me on too much.

D80

This is a nice "normal"

in fact, I bet if everbody showed their finest "normal," it would be an amazing thread! More variation between "normals" than any individuals of the same morph, I'd venture to wager.

Attachments

• rhett1 003_1.jpg
    rhett1 003_1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 351
elrojo said:
in fact, I bet if everbody showed their finest "normal," it would be an amazing thread! More variation between "normals" than any individuals of the same morph, I'd venture to wager.

Gorgeous normal.

I'd say you're right. There is more differentiation within the 'normals' than any other morph we have, without question.

If everyone posted a picture of their normals, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't really see any two snakes that looked just alike--and you'd see things on totally different ends of the spectrum.

I started a new thread, in the photo gallery. Hopefully we'll get some interesting photos!

elrojo said:

thats a great animal(by least fav i ment i wouldnt buy it) how come the belly so red?

My least favorite morph? A butter cubed (stripe).
That combines my 3 least favorite genes nicely, I think.

:grin01:

Hurley said:
My least favorite morph? A butter cubed (stripe).
That combines my 3 least favorite genes nicely, I think.

:grin01:

:Scratches Connie's name off the future butter cubed list:

Dont rain on my project!!!!

I do not know why but I am do not really like the blood's, the charcoal or petwer, and the bublegum snows. They are either to scary for girls to have around or just not good looking, but that is just my opinion.

Ok...your psycho! Bloodreds are AMAZING...definately one of my favs. Pewters too... :bounce:

I would probably say that my least favorite would be the Caramel...even though it does put out an occasional good looking snake, there are just some downright ugly ones IMO.

Hmm..do you have time? ;)

Least Favorite Morphs:

Anery A's: I dislike the fact they turn brown with age. Stop creating uglier corns, focus on fixing the ones we already got!

Charcoals: I'm with Chip, they take away too much color and leave a boring snake in return. Anery's A & B with the yellow infusion on the chin-neck area are better, but still not enough.

Opals: I like the term someone used as them looking "bruised". I don't know why Opals sell for what they do, I think they're hideous.

Butters and Caramels: Downright fugly! I have yet to see a butter corn with the intensity of yellow I think of when I think of butter. So until I see a bright "smiley-head yellow" snake, no thanks.

Cubed: What the hell were they thinkin?!

Who the heck thinks normals aren't unique? I think they need some re-edjumacation. They're the most variable "morph" out there, and no two look alike.

Pewters (and Granites) are about the only Anery-ified snake I like, the blood red (Diffused, for the dissenters in the crowd) really adds a lovely effect and makes it pop out rather than bore ya to death.

Congrats Misty, you just reached 1,000! ;) Couldn't help but notice. As far as looks go.... my husband constantly makes fun of me because I end up liking them all. I used to swear up and down Amel's weren't that great, I got a few in my collection for projects and they really grew on me. As soon as I would say "Isn't this one pretty?", he'd say "I thought someone didn't like Amels". Same story with Butters and Opals, didn't care for 'em, then got some and I think they are great.

So as far as looks go, I find beauty in almost all of them. But my least favorite morph would have to be ULTRA. Don't get me wrong, I think they are gorgeous but I have serious doubts about thier heritage. I think we are so excited to work with something new, the skeleton is being shoved in the closet and swept under the rug. The conversation has been dropped like a rock and everyone else seems to be OK with this. What we don't know can't hurt us, eh?

I'm not saying I won't work with them, but I don't think I'll ever sell them without a disclaimer.

JMHO

Back