• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Minion '13 Striped Caramel Tessera

SharkBait1992

So exactly three weeks after I received my first two snakes this guy showed up in the mail and he is gorgeous. He ate with me for the first time on Jan 27th. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and get some better pictures. Thank you to gelshark for this beautiful animal.

His Arrival (1/20/15)
cNpVjz4.jpg

Me and him today :)
SzZRvap.jpg

Thank you Ravenessa!

So I tried to get some shots of minion with my DSLR. I love that he is very active but it sure does make it hard to photograph him, any tips?
Here are some of the decent shots I got:

4V8pYWD.jpg

bjnTfDk.jpg

9eAFmiU.jpg

Man, I'm so jealous of how pretty that snake is. Take good care of him/her. I love any combination of Tessera. Tessera is my favorite gene by far.

Put them under a bowl that is flipped upside down (the bowl will serve as a hide). Leave the snake alone and contained in the bowl for a minute or so. Take the bowl off and start snapping!

The snake will stay frozen for awhile. Really depends on the snake. Some of them sit real pretty for awhile while others aren't fooled for long!

Example: This dude is pissed, but he's still in the semi frozen circle position.

a few new pictures of minion.
first a pic from right before he went into blue, he is quite the goof ball.
sf43oeL.jpg

he was shy about showing his new skin
2VSDqdI.jpg

and now post shed pics from today, the bowl trick worked and he actually held still
mp5I5OE.jpg

wGW1f8b.jpg

D15KMhi.jpg

x3HuAP0.jpg

and a pic of his beautiful belly
SLHH9gH.jpg

Got some photos of minion today. It should be getting into the 70's this week so I can finally take him outside where the lighting is better and I can stop shooting at 1000 ISO. How do snakes do with flashes? I have 2 off camera ones but I am a little nervous about using them with the snakes.

bL7CTGC.jpg

aztzQDj.jpg

sq9dZSI.jpg

Back