• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression of a underweight coral snow

waldo

Crazy Tarantula Lady
My little rescue who has had so many regurges has kept down 4 meals now. I'm starting to have a bit of hope for her and though I'd start a progression of her journey to become healthy.
I've not named her, didn't want to get too attached but I feel its time to give her a proper name, any suggestions?

I didn't get a picture when I first brought her home but this one was roughly a week later. She is 24" long and terribly under weight. She regurged twice after this picture was taken.

nvsea1.jpg

These were taken today, 3 weeks with no regurge. She lost a lot of weight but is putting it back on. Didn't weight her at her thinnest, didn't want to handle her.

143j7sn.jpg

10gwoz9.jpg

2usjurs.jpg

213s09c.jpg

Sorry for the not so good pics. I didn't want to stress her so kept the photo shoot short.
I was wondering, does it look like she might be blue? I can never tell with light morphs.

Good luck! Snakes that regurge are always a bit stressful - you just want them to get better. But congrats on your 3 week streak! Just keep it up, and that pretty one will be better in no time. ^_^

I think she looks blue. What are you feeding her? I ask because I have a snake with regurge issues. I went through the entire gamut of variables until the only logical conclusion was that the snake couldn't digest fur. It took several meals of triple mice pinks until Nibs was big enough for a rat pink, now the little critter (never got this one sexed) has eaten five rat pinks (one every week) with no regurges. Layne Labs also has hairless adult f/t mice, so for the first time I am hopeful that Nibs can grow into an adult size.

Some of them have the will to survive.

I wish I knew for sure if she was blue, she is due to eat in a couple days but I think I will wait for a bit. Right now she is on double day old pinks, everything she has regurged was furred so I'm sticking with hairless for awhile.
I hope she can eventually get back on furred mice, hairless mice do not exist around here and hairless rats are crazy expensive.

You know she's blue by she doesn't come out in the evening when she usually does, or is buried more securely than usual, or you can take her out in sunlight and see if her belly looks pink.

She looks great- a beautiful girl!!

Even with only one more gram on her body she doe slook better somehow! Probably the body shape of a healthy thin snake is different than one of a non healthy thin snake. She has the potential to grow into a gorgeous adult, pink snow I think!

I order feeders from Layne Labs. The shipping is expensive, but the rats and mice are much healthier then the ones I got from the pet supply store and over the last two months I've noticed a surge in growth and appetite with all my snakes (including a very picky ball python). Nibs is two and this is the first time she's ever been over thirty five grams.

Back