• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Showering with your snake

deathtriforce

Has anyone tried showering with their snake, ever? I'm thinking of doing it, but don't know the repercussions, if there are any. The only thing I can think of is the snake will crawl into the drain hole.

I’ll be brief, the post that will follow mine will cover lots more detail.

Snakes don’t like to be handled much. They are very sensitive to temperature change. Water that is comfortably warm to you is over 100 degrees. Having water spray on it will scare the pants of the snake.

Why? Are you for real? Do you often do strange things in the shower? Does your mother know?

Unconventional Soaking

I have a very good friend, who really does shower with her corn snake. I asked her doesn't the soap, shampoo and water temperature worry her? She said it doesn't bother her snake. When the snake has had enough, she simply crawls out of the tub. Okay--to each their own.

Gievn that a Corn Snake's ideal maximum temperature is lower than human body temperature, you could be in for a very chilly experience.

I won't even start on scaring your snake half to death with a high velocity water spray. There's no way in which the experience would benefit the snake, which is the only reason for doing ANYTHING with a snake in my opinion.

I'd love to know the rationale behind showering with a snake, but this is a family message board....

Well, I've taken a bath with a pigeon lots of times, but the temps humans and birds like would kill a snake...Oh, and pigeons get in voluntarily.

Freaks.

Every last one of you.

I'm going to have to seek refuge in the comfort of my dog's tongue now.

:cheers:

Dale

(ps - We're all familiar with the standard "I have this friend who...." line. We've all said it.) ;)

Nanci, I'd be spending the next three months on a therapists couch if a bird flew into the shower with me!!! *shudder*

Some of you peoples are in need of serious help! LOL! I'm pretty sure that there are letters and maybe numbers, associated with your diagnosis and you never know, they may even be able to prescribe something to you, to help?!?! ;)

Wayne

Hey, you try to tell a pigeon what to do. They are very bossy. And they bite and karate chop.

This is Dill, when his leg was stronger. He used to love to get in the bathtub when I was soaking dive gear- he'd sit on my wetsuit and bathe! He'd also get right in the tub with me. Milly's gotten in a couple times, but he isn't as trusting. He loves to patrol the shower, though, and get splashed.

Attachments

• Dill3cc.jpg
    Dill3cc.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 158
Back