• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shows are terrible places to go.....

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
when you are trying to thin out what you currently have.

The Austin Christmas Bizarre was yesterday and we went in with about 20 snakes to sell (sold 3 of them). And we were decided on only going home with one snake, a beautiful Female BRB from Brian Hummel. This Snake is to be Marlene's (the wife) Christmas present as that is what she asked for. So, we got one with a really good deal. and here are a couple of pictures:

IMG_1669_Resized.jpg

IMG_1668_Resized.jpg

IMG_1670_Resized.jpg

Then just as I was getting ready to start taking snakes out to the car, I feel this weight settle around my shoulders and when I look, there is a triangular Grey head looking me in the face. Now, I love snakes and I am not afraid of them, but this made me jump (not something one expects). When I finally got down off the table and calmed down, I found out that Marlene had bought a ~4 foot Female RTB het pastel for me as a b-day gift. This was a huge surprise and totally unexpected. Here's a couple of pics of this girl:

IMG_1673_Resized.jpg

IMG_1674_Resized.jpg

awesome, Awesome, AWESOME...........paul. dammit, now i wish i would have went to the show, what with presents and gifts being handed out all over the place. LOL
congrats to you and marlene on your new acquisitions. will have to check them out when we meet for the mouse order. :cheers:

gwb8568 said:
awesome, Awesome, AWESOME...........paul. dammit, now i wish i would have went to the show, what with presents and gifts being handed out all over the place. LOL
congrats to you and marlene on your new acquisitions. will have to check them out when we meet for the mouse order. :cheers:

Definately. That should arrive on Wednesday. I will call and let you know.

DAND said:
Congrats on both your new acquisitions.

Thanks.

Well, I think you did ok- you have a net loss of one!

The family that gives snakes together stays together!

Nanci

goregous snakes! congrats on getting them. Have thought up any names for them yet?

Now i'm even more excited about bringing my Dumeril's Ground Boa home still have...11-13 days till she comes home...*tear* but i get to see her again this week so i'll live

again congrats to on getting your new pretty snakes.

Hows the temperment on the BRB? I've heard they can be anywhere from nippy to the downright spawn of Satan. I really think that is going to be my next acquisition, but don't want a little hellion. Also, what are you keeping her in, or plan to keep her in as an adult?

Beothon Lover said:
goregous snakes! congrats on getting them. Have thought up any names for them yet?

Now i'm even more excited about bringing my Dumeril's Ground Boa home still have...11-13 days till she comes home...*tear* but i get to see her again this week so i'll live

again congrats to on getting your new pretty snakes.

The BRB is my wifes and she named her Rainbow. As for the RTB, I haven't thought of a name for her yet. still trying to figure out a name for the male.

blueapplepaste said:
Hows the temperment on the BRB? I've heard they can be anywhere from nippy to the downright spawn of Satan. I really think that is going to be my next acquisition, but don't want a little hellion. Also, what are you keeping her in, or plan to keep her in as an adult?

So far this BRB is very tame and quiet. We have only had her for a few days, but she hasn't striked, hissed, or adopted a defensive posture once. I gave her 2 pinks this morning and she took them more gently than some of my corns (and the pinks were live). So as long as she keeps this attitude, then I won't be too worried.

The breeder told me that they can be nippy as babies, but as they get older, they calm down and are content with handling.

Naming snakes? I haven't named a snake in probably 10+ years. I have too many. I'd have run out of names long ago and been like, this is my snake Darrell and my other snake Darrell. :grin01:

I am starting to get that way. have way too many corns to name them uniquely. but with only having one BRB, 3 RTB's and 2 BP's, it makes it easier.

Besides, my wife is the one that comes up with the names.

Back