• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake shed under Scanning Electron Microscope

ZoologyGirl

Under Tank Heather
My friend and I decided to look at one of my snake skin sheds under SEM recently. Here is one of the neater looking pictures. If I remember right, this is looking at the bit of skin that runs between the scales. The outlines if you will. We may look at more bits in the future, and I will post more photos then.

shed.jpg

Cool! Chuck & a few other people have been using photo's taken via microscope to tell different morphs apart.

(Now available digitally, and it works great on my iPad, iPhone, Macbook and my PC at work!!)

Yep im doing that aswell..!!! Have been for a while its really interesting

Yes it is very interesting. I have enough trouble getting my corns to stay still for a photo let alone attempt it under a microscope. Do you have any suggestions? :shrugs:
I think it would be very beneficial when looking for ultra or strawberry and a few other morphs..

Back