• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Ultra Anery"

WestCoast_Redneck

Anyone willing to give me insight regarding this morph? What exactly is the genetic components and does ultra mean it has rat snake in its genes?

Ultra is from a hybrid of rat snakes and corn snakes. It looks a little like hypo. It is also codominant with amel which means that if the animal is het ultra and amel it will have a third appearance called ultramel. Ultra Anery would just be ultra combine with anery.

What Ali said, it hasn't been proven that it is a hybrid. It all depends on who you talk to. Some big breeders are steering on the side of caution and saying they are hybrids while the owner of this forum Rich Z doesn't feel they are nor does he believe there is enough evidence to say they are.

Thank you so much! Again, so helpful. I love this site, I have learned so much in such a short time. I was told when I got her, that if she was purchased for a breeder, she would be worth a ton simply because she is an 'ultra', which is apparently very rare...Pffft. Because I know nothing about cornsnakes, I left the breeders believing I was given a really rare morph that was highly prized. HA!
So, because this snake will never be bred, it really doesn't matter.....She's a real beauty though! A bigtime burrower, she has a maze of tunnels already which I think is neat :)

Whilst Ultra might not be one of the rarer morphs in the States, Canada is a bit of a different market and it might very well be rare in your neck of the woods.

Personally I am not sure Ultra came from an outcross or not. They can be stunning animals.... So I really do not care, "but" being that some believe it to be a hybrid, I make sure to mark all of the offspring as from ultra lines, so that no one will be confused...

Moonshine
Ultramel anery from TS lines

Ultramels of any morph are much more abundant than Ultra. I really enjoy working with the gene. :) I personally don't think they are hybrid. That being said it is important to properly advertise & label your offspring if there is ultra/ultramel involved.

Here are a few proven homo ultra's in my collection. First up is an Ultra Anery. Second pic is an Ultra Amber Motley. Last pic is an Ultra/het sunkissed that is no longer in my collection.

62262_134950_VeryLarge_mYcGJ0Liqwcn.jpg

Picture037.jpg

DSCN0195.jpg

Personally I am not sure Ultra came from an outcross or not. They can be stunning animals.... So I really do not care, "but" being that some believe it to be a hybrid, I make sure to mark all of the offspring as from ultra lines, so that no one will be confused...

Moonshine
Ultramel anery from TS lines

STUNNING BUZZ !! You can send him over anytime you are ready ;)

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Back