• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very slow to load pages.

wade

Save The Humans
Has anyone else noticed that the pages are really slow to load and sometimes don't load at all? I seem to have to refresh quite often to get the page to come up. Is it just me?

Has anyone else noticed that the pages are really slow to load and sometimes don't load at all? I seem to have to refresh quite often to get the page to come up. Is it just me?

I don't think it's just you, I have high-speed internet here and have definitely noticed the site can be quite slow at times as well.

Would some one with computer savy explain why my is so slow. It isn't slow on other sites, just here.

This has happened to me quite a few times lately. Sometimes I can't get into the site at all, or it takes forever to load. Ravenspirit posted the same thing on FB the other day because she was having trouble as well.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think some of it is just how many people are trying to read the same forum or even the same thread at the same time.

This has happened to me quite a few times lately. Sometimes I can't get into the site at all, or it takes forever to load. Ravenspirit posted the same thing on FB the other day because she was having trouble as well.

Lori I was just going to quote you to say that sounds like what I am experiencing. I hit the quote button and I could see that it was trying to change pages but nothing happened. I hit the stop loading button and hit quote again. Nothing happened. I tried a third time and it finally went through. I'm only having this problem here on CS.com.

I'm just sayin

Same thing happened to me a few minutes ago when I was trying to post. I can't be positive, but it seems to happen to me more frequently when I try to "quote" someone. Again, it's hit or miss, but there have been times when I haven't been able to get back into the forum for as long as ten minutes or more. (Yes, I AM that addicted to cs.com)

Seems to me the last time we had this problem I had to kill the DYK thread because it was getting so large that the server was struggling having to load all those posts for each person reading that thread. I may have to kill the latest one as well. Sorry guys, but this software just was not designed with such HUGE threads being active.

We also had a situation whereby people were putting those dragon eggs within their signature area that was causing quite a burden from those off site links having to be process before their signature graphics would display. Has anyone noticed someone using some odd graphics in their signature areas lately?

Nope, haven't seen dragon eggs either, but I have noticed that a few members have [sig][/sig] in their signature area, but I was thinking maybe that it was a crypts vs. bloods thang.

Rich, is it possible that the WIR is causing problems? All the pics I link are typically already posted here, but I'm not sure if reposting them causes double the bandwidth??

I have been seeing the same problem. Mine seems to stall when loading ads from Fauna ads. I was actually going to post a thread regarding it. Next time it happens watch to see where it stalls.

Wayne

EDIT: At first, I thought it may be an issue with my computer and spent a day doing some cleaning and maintenance on it. It still happened even after I went through the machine. :shrugs:

Last edited:
Well, I seem to on occasion get "brownouts" where pages won't load, but I don't know if it is my server or some other server along the line between my PC and MY server. It lasts for about 30 seconds, and then everything is working normally again. Of course something like this will be pretty tough to nail down, because if it IS my server, of course when the techs look at it, they won't see the problem.

So if you have this happen to you, how about trying to access FaunaClassifieds and see if you have the same problem. If a lot of people have issues getting to both sites (which are on the same server), then that will give me something to go on.

Rich, just now I tried to go to New Posts and it wouldn't open after 30 seconds. I checked fauna and it opened fine. Then I came back here and it opened as well. Not sure if that helps, but just an fyi.

Back