• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Micropave 1 after 2nd shed

micropave_1_2nd_shed.jpg

micropave_1_2nd_shed_b.jpg

Meanwhile I closed two deals so the micro pave males of this year will be crossing the ocean very soon :)

The three eggs of the 2nd clutch yielded only one live hatchling, which had some egg yolk hanging out. The opening was less than half an inch long and is healing well, it is tiny but fiesty so I think it will be alright! The other two were DIE, one was only a weird pale worm but the other one looked ok, as far as dead babies look ok.

Oh wow! I know I'm WAY late, and have missed a LOT, but they look incredible! I'm still looking forward to the day that this gene is available in the US.

You might be positively surprised how soon that will be ;)

This pleases me greatly. :p

It also might be interesting to see the results if someone wants to work with "EVIL HYBRIDS" enough to combine this corn gene with the scaleless gene found in Texas Ratsnakes. I'm really curious as to what the result would be. I'm thinking a more completely scaleless hybrid? Just thinking out loud to myself.

EDIT: I am NOT saying that these are hybrids. I just think it would be interesting to see the results of a hybrid cross.

A scaleless hybrid with only some smaller scales left perhaps....?

I was thinking a bit more completely scaleless. I know a lot of the scaleless rat snakes out there actually have quite a few dorsal scales left. So if the scales are smaller/reduced, I wonder if it would look even more completely scaleless.

That is what I meant :)

Tonight I'll try to post some pics of the micro pave amel, she looks really interesting after her 2nd shed.

Just beautiful! I'm so happy this turned out to be reproducible for you, a whole new gene from a small-scale hobby breeder! Congratulations on your project!

so are you bringing them to snake day tomorrow? If so, I'd really like to see them if you don't mind. Just got to know how to recognise you there :)

Yes I will bring my normal yearling and '11 amel. I have a black and green banner stating 'Snakearound home made snakes, waar het om de slangen draait' . It is on a pole above my table.

A great day it was. I found a nice snow female to be the girl for my snow male next year, and I got to see and hold the micro pave!
They're really special ! the pattern is really crisp due to the small scales, and they feel almost velvetty (is that a word? lol)
Thanks!

Back