• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

I guess the same goes for me, lol! I have met some members of the facebook group 'cornsnakekingdom' today also, it was fun!

Comparison picture of sheds of my micro pave yearling and a (bit larger sized) regular yearling.

skins_micro.jpg

The micro scales are not lined up differently, as I thought but they are a bit 'messy', smaller and shaped rectangular, which makes you think they are lined up differently.

Not very interesting I think.. I am gonna make micro pave tessera's, those will be way more interesting I think!

When is this going to happen? That would be interesting are your MP's big enough this year. I know you got a couple grown Tessera's.

My Tessera's are '10, the males are big enough next year and maybe one of the females but I don't think so :( I only have a male MP that will be big enough, so first he will breed my anery motley female next year. 2013 will be the year to start MPxT.

I actually just stumbled across this thread :) awesome looking snakes! I think it's super exciting to see such unique morphs. Even completely scaleless corns can have a great quality of life in my opinion and these are obviously doing wonderfully. When I see the small scales close to their head and the shed skin of your snakes it reminds me a lot of a rosy boa's shed skin and scale shape! I love the feeling of my rosy boa and I can only imagine how interesting it would be to experience these awesome corns.

A rather late congratulations as well!

I think so too :) My jungle carpet felt quite velvety but the scales were larger of course. Maybe that is why those of the mp's feel even softer.

Have you noticed how smooth the edges of the markings are, too? They remind me of the anaconda Western hognose morph.

Hmmm. I'd be hanging on to the normal, too, in case it's het for tinyscale. Just in case.

They remind me of my BRB I had.

Well, one '10 went to the USA, together with two '11 guys. The '10 I still have is a bit of a picky feeder, but recently I found out that he wants to be fed in his viv... He is a bit small for his age, but he will be ready to breed this year. The '11 amel female is eating very well, but not a fast grower. The '10 that went to the USA was quite large for his age when I sent him off though. I can make some new photos soon but the normal hardly changes color wise. The amel does get some orange now though.

*UPDATE* on micro scale normal male!

Photo taken today

whyfeb2012_full1200.jpg

Close up:

whyfeb2012_tong1200.jpg

He only weighed 96 grams last December, did not weigh him today but he is large enough to breed I think.

The amel girl is in blue, so no pics of her today.

Wow, he's gotten so big! (But the scales haven't! :p ) Something about the missing scales on his head really make his eyes stand out. It's also interesting that you can still see the pattern where there are no scales. Thanks for the update!

Back