• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Well I would LOVE to own one of those sharp edged pattern babies one day! So keep breeding, as long as long as it's safe! Maybe one of those days we'll be back in Germany, then I'll fly on over and get me one of 'em!

I really see a great future for them judged by the reactions over here :)

WHOOHOHOHOHOHOO!!!! AMEL MICRO PAVE HATCHED!!!!

Did you notice me is happy? :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

And you know what??? It is also A-grade RO!!!!! At least when it comes to borders :spinner: :spinner: :spinner:

I have two not too crappy pics for you now, it is 1 a.m. over here so I had to take indoor pics, and using flash when shooting an amel is way difficcult, so I think I did quite a great job actually, hehe, zooming in macro mode with flash.

precious-out-of-the-egg.jpg

precious-out-of-the-egg_2.jpg

I called it Precious, because this one is gonna stay with me of course! And, Precious sounds quite close to Perseus, its father (and grand pa actually) in heaven :sobstory:

This is so AWESOME! Not only did you prove it but you morphed it. Do all of these babies have head scales? I am wondering if te lack of head scales from last year had something to do with the DIE and not with the morph its self. Thats right we can call it a morph now.

Thank you Christen, I hope many other people will be as enthusiastic as you are :) I do expect some critical comments though, but that's ok with me.

Oh yeah there is always going to be critics no matter what. Are you going to breed these guys back or are you just going to start out sourcing to get some het micro babies to start different color morphs? I really wish we lived in the same country. I would love to take on this project with you even as a silent partner. lol This is just going to be so fun to work with.

Edit: And another thought. I can NOT wait for that amel to shed.

Thanks, can't wait for the amel to shed! Both normals have shed already, still gorgeous and special but I've seen such before :p

OMG!

What happens to the old world?
This Amel looks very odd, so Why and Visitor do - especially on their head!

No one can tell me, that these are still usual corns...

what do you mean with "No one can tell me, that these are still usual corns... "? Mutations pop up randomly in any type or breed of animal, it's up to taxonomists to research if they are still 'usual corns'.

I dont know, i am very sceptic since every year there are popping up some new corn morphs.

I believe it when you say, that you did not breed hybrids. But on the other hand you can never be sure what genetically is in your animals...

Everytime a new gene is presented the people tell you that these are clean corn morphs, but often it turns out that they are not - look at ultramel for example.

But, this shouldn't be an offense to you!

I am not taking it as an offense, I can't proof the founding animal is a pure corn, as nobody can proof their corn is a pure corn. So I let people take a look at the parents and the clutch so they can decide themselves if they think they are pure enough for their likings (the father died unfortunately of kidney failure, he had been obese too before I got him). Of course I can't proof either that the parents really are the parents... but that's a leap of faith you all gotta take :p I do think the founder looks enough like a corn to be considered a corn, and even a great example of miami phase for that matter. Some people said from photo's he looks like he has emoryi blood in his veins, but I've never seen as much red as he has in his saddles in emoryi hybrids. And these people did not see them irl, which a well known Dutch breeder did. He envied me having him, he wanted to buy him himself but I was first :) I'm sure that guy would not have wanted a hybrid corn. Me glad I was first now, even more :) I also had the founder on my table for sale in the fair season in 2010... so glad nobody felt like buying him... :p

I got behind on watching this thread and didn't know it was time for the next clutch to hatch!! Congratulations on the amel!!

*UPDATE - PICCIES*

Micro pave piccies :)

First the normals;

micropave-1f_20110706.jpg

micropave-1e_20110706.jpg

I think #1 might turn out to look like Visitor, de more orangey '10 mp.

micropave-2c.jpg

micropave-2d.jpg

This one looks more like his '10 sister, Mila.

So, it seems like there are some different looks involved. And... after the first shed it is apparent that both normal mp's actually do miss scales on their noses, the amel does not.

And then.... the amel (female so far) :D

precious_july_6_2011_b.jpg

precious_july_6_2011.jpg

Personally I hope she gets more contrasty, then I can see a total stunner in her :)

They are beautiful! Since we have not, yet, seen an older MP Amel ... I look forward to seeing how that one progresses.

Of course I have been staring at the pics and found out that the amel actually misses as much scales on her head as the '10 ones do... one of the normals has two bold patches at the back of his head but the other normal does not. Oh well.... I think it makes them look cute :p

The female micro pave amel also ate :) :) :)

I just wrote down the ratio in the clutch after a couple of times having popped them (non micro's):

1.1 amel
2.4 normal

They all ate, except two normals.

Thought there were more amels but that was in the sister clutch.

I posted an ad in the classifieds section :)

Back