• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
Here is part of the Mica/Taz clutch (Tara has the others). I have six of the babies in house, one of which is *literally* in house.

Mica07T (Tessera) escaped from me on 6/30, as I was cleaning (his) bin. He flew out & before I could catch him, he ended up on the floor, went behind the rack & went under the molding where it meets the carpet. (He-I think he's a male) is one of the non feeders. He had refused five meals offered, prior to escaping. (Maybe he knew that tube feeding was next).

I really hope he turns up (alive), but the odds are not good. :(
I have named him "Indiana" for Indiana Jones.

Here are the other 5 I have.
First is Mica01T (I think is a female)-this one is sentimental to me, because (she) is the first baby I have bred & hatched.
Next is Mica02AZ (I think is a female)-one of the three Aztec patterned babies, that we are calling "Taztecs". The Tessera gene has an effect on the pattern, without actually being a Tessera.
Then there is Mica03N (I think is a female) who has great borders, very pretty coloring coming out & a little bit of patterning.
Here is Mica10M(is a male) that has a bit of a Motley patterning, & this is the one with an "X" on the head. This was one of the non feeders. He refused 5 meals, & then I tube fed him twice, very small amounts since he hadn't eaten yet. After the second tube feeding, I left a small pinkie in his bin overnight, & it was gone in the morning! Woot! I skipped feeding him last night because he's starting to turn blue. I hope he continues to eat. (Fingers crossed).
One more Tessera, is Mica12T(I think *hope* this one is a male).
This one has been a better eater for me.

The theory of why so many of this clutch are problem feeders is possibly because mom was WC (captive the past 4-5 years).

Attachments

• 67537_155952_Large_dvHmEsoa1uL02AZ.jpg
    67537_155952_Large_dvHmEsoa1uL02AZ.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 337
  • 67538_155953_Large_4uEyDXoye03N.jpg
    67538_155953_Large_4uEyDXoye03N.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 335
  • 67545_147827_Large_BMaVkuTlWTi10M.jpg
    67545_147827_Large_BMaVkuTlWTi10M.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 67547_155956_Large_AHU43fXQYlVh12T.jpg
    67547_155956_Large_AHU43fXQYlVh12T.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 67536_155951_Large_7EKduz0wKg01T.jpg
    67536_155951_Large_7EKduz0wKg01T.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Look how different the tessera's are in color vs. the Taztec and the one underneath. Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.

Awesome looking clutch...Wow, your first hatchling was a tessera? Way to set the bar, Heather!

Hey Heather, congrats on that clutch. It will be interesing to see how they turn out with the Bama color influence.

Looking forward to seeing progression on them.

Walter,
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Look how different the tessera's are in color vs. the Taztec and the one underneath. Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.

Awesome looking clutch...Wow, your first hatchling was a tessera? Way to set the bar, Heather!
I will be using this thread as a progression thread, so you guys can see how they grow up. :)

Thanks Chris!

Wow! They look great! Still crossing my fingers that little "Indiana" shows up... ><
Thank you! :)

Hey Heather, congrats on that clutch. It will be interesing to see how they turn out with the Bama color influence.

Looking forward to seeing progression on them.

Walter,
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!
Thanks Walter! I have a feeling the F2's are going to be where we see the real Bama influence.

Does the first miss a scale on its nose?
Do you mean the white on the nose? If so, not, that's just the markings....cool, huh? :)

Here's more pics of the Mica babies at my house :)
Mica01T
Mica02AZ
Mica03N (sorry about poop & blurry pic)
Mica10M
Mica12T (turning blue)

Attachments

• 028M01T.jpg
    028M01T.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 030M02AZ.jpg
    030M02AZ.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 031M03N.jpg
    031M03N.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 024M10M.jpg
    024M10M.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 035M12T.jpg
    035M12T.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 300
...Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.

I've taken notice of how the Tessera genetics seems to affect the non-Tesseras in a clutch.. From observations it seems to enhance the depth and distinction between colors. The animals seem brighter, sharper and better defined. It's as though Tessera improves the looks of normal siblings as well. I sold some normal siblings last year and the buyers have brought them back for me to see. They are growing into handsome snakes. They stand out among their non Tessera influenced cousins. It will be a fun thing to follow.
Congrats on a great clutch!

Terri

Thanks Terri! I have noticed that too with these two clutches. I will keep a couple sibs to see how they turn out, & will probably do some test breeding with them as well.

Ah, Blutengel, I think it's lighting.

So I sexed 12T, since he's eaten a few consecutive meals already, & he's a boy! He proceeded to musk & poop on me. LOL

I'm hoping 01T is a girl, since I lost the 3rd Tessera from this clutch.

More pics of the Alabama Tessera keepers at my house :)

The first two are Allie, my female Tessera keeper (first bred & hatched baby of mine) :)

The next two are Devon, my female "Taztec" keeper (Normal sibling that has a Tessera influence on the pattern...we've named tehm "Taztec's")

The last one is Stone, (formerly known as "baby X", for the "X" pattern on his head)-Stone is starting to turn blue. I will add more pics when he sheds.

*These aren't the best pics, but I tried to get some with natural light.

Attachments

• 032devon.jpg
    032devon.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 041stone.jpg
    041stone.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 030devon.jpg
    030devon.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 029allie.jpg
    029allie.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 028allie.jpg
    028allie.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 111
Next is Zavion, my male Tessera keeper.
He did not particularly like the phot shoot & rattled his tail from under the water bowl.

Attachments

• 035zayvion.jpg
    035zayvion.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 038zayvion.jpg
    038zayvion.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 111
Some recent pics of my Alabama Tessera clutch keepers :)

In order: Allie, Stone, Devon & Zayvion.

Attachments

• 119allie.jpg
    119allie.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 123stone.jpg
    123stone.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 133devon.jpg
    133devon.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 134zayvion.jpg
    134zayvion.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 102
Nice Heather. The Tessera's head and nose looks to have some Sunkissed influence...wouldn't that be a nice surprise!

Here's some updated pics.

First is Zayvion, the largest of the Tessera babies.
Allie was the first to hatch, & while she's not growing as fast, she's still eating & growing.
Stone is the Motley-looking baby, with the "X" head pattern. He has been a finickey eater, but he's been eating more regularly & has the attitude to make up for it.
Check out the ground color on Devon (Taztec)! I'm loving the combination of the Alabama & Tessera together.

Attachments

• 019zayvion.jpg
    019zayvion.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 83
  • 020allie.jpg
    020allie.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 028stone.jpg
    028stone.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 013devon.jpg
    013devon.jpg