• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

Some of the responses in this thread really upset me. You may not agree with something but don't make yourself sound like a jerk, just because you don't believe in something :/

Some of the responses in this thread really upset me. You may not agree with something but don't make yourself sound like a jerk, just because you don't believe in something :/

Sorry but those pics literally make me sick. Disgusting.....

And you seem to have alot of time on your hands with school and work and taking care of your animals. Are you Superman or something?

Sorry but those pics literally make me sick. Disgusting.....

And you seem to have alot of time on your hands with school and work and taking care of your animals. Are you Superman or something?

No trade shows this weekend :) Cleaned cages earlier, feeding a little later on when I do a radio show. As for the Superman comment, wouldn't you like to know, a super hero never reveals their identity ;)

No trade shows this weekend :) Cleaned cages earlier, feeding a little later on when I do a radio show. As for the Superman comment, wouldn't you like to know, a super hero never reveals their identity ;)

I am feeding now, but when I am at work I ALWAYS have this on my office computer in the background and tend to check in between customers and errands.
I am wicked lucky these infernal machines had not been around when I was younger....

You can justify it all you want, there are plenty of species that have never even been worked with in captivity, why mess up all the established ones when you could be starting new species projects? It's laziness, lack of education, and greed. The quickest way to make money in what has turned from a hobby to a industry. If you were doing it for fun and keeping everything you made that is different..

Is selling drugs ok?

I don't cross stuff because that's stupid and destructive to me, you do because it's what you like. You don't have to do it in order to make a living, you do it for your own reasons.
I compared selling illegal drugs and legal drugs. There is a good way and bad way to do something. You may not think your way is bad and that's fine. It's right to do what ever serves you best. It doesn't make it good or make you smart, however smart you may be. .

I'm sorry you have low standards but you can't blame people that don't know. You make the hybrids too, on purpose, and you know the difference. You say, I label mine correctly and register my animals and take every precaution. Then you sell them to people that do not, to people that have no respect. That's ok with you, your making money, having fun, so who cares, right? What bigger fish is there to fry? You justify your actions then put down your costumers, why are they the ignorant ones? Which is worse, not knowing the difference, or knowing and not caring? I am not mad about anyone criticizing me, it's the ignorance and pseudo justification that bothers me.
Are you right? Are you wrong? Yes!

. There is so much unidentifiable CRAP out there and misrepresented milks, kings, rat's, etc..., etc....
That's the reality of the snake hobby today :shrugs:

~Doug

Keep on stating you have no problems with people making hybrids and actually selling them, even if they label them correctly.

I do see know that Gerards had the most faul mouth, sorry Doug. But since you seemed to be on the same page....

Further, why is it so important to keep a cb population of an imported snake? It is not for the sake of the snakes, is it? Please try to if you want to but do not judge people who have interest in that. If you are able to maintain a group of imported species that cannnot be imported anymore, good for you. You still have not told us why WE should botter.

My IQ actually was measured to be about 130 about 10 years ago, just for your information.

I am feeding now, but when I am at work I ALWAYS have this on my office computer in the background and tend to check in between customers and errands.
I am wicked lucky these infernal machines had not been around when I was younger....

Haha, I hate computers, they're worse than cigarettes! I have a Blackberry, so when I'm at school I can usually hop on for a few minutes in between classes or after I finish tests or something. I usually don't get on at work though. I don't get a signal in our warehouse!

Hey starsevol, you haven't seen nothing yet!:nyah:

Btw a nice pair of Candy Colored Imperial Puebla-Jungle Brook Corndurans will help with your illness! Did I mention they were het for Corn snow stripe?

Hey starsevol, you haven't seen nothing yet!:nyah:

Btw a nice pair of Candy Colored Imperial Puebla-Jungle Brook Corndurans will help with your illness! Did I mention they were het for Corn snow stripe?

Meh, bunch of muddy looking freezer fodder, but whateva floats your boat....but at least it won't be masquerading as something real.

I'm sorry you have low standards but you can't blame people that don't know. You make the hybrids too, on purpose, and you know the difference. You say, I label mine correctly and register my animals and take every precaution. Then you sell them to people that do not, to people that have no respect. That's ok with you, your making money, having fun, so who cares, right? What bigger fish is there to fry? You justify your actions then put down your costumers, why are they the ignorant ones? Which is worse, not knowing the difference, or knowing and not caring? I am not mad about anyone criticizing me, it's the ignorance and pseudo justification that bothers me.
Are you right? Are you wrong? Yes!

Keep on stating you have no problems with people making hybrids and actually selling them, even if they label them correctly.

I do see know that Gerards had the most faul mouth, sorry Doug. But since you seemed to be on the same page....

Further, why is it so important to keep a cb population of an imported snake? It is not for the sake of the snakes, is it? Please try to if you want to but do not judge people who have interest in that. If you are able to maintain a group of imported species that cannnot be imported anymore, good for you. You still have not told us why WE should botter.

My IQ actually was measured to be about 130 about 10 years ago, just for your information.

I really don't have a problem with them. The problem is what happens to the stuff I like to work with because of people that don't care and aren't smart enough to understand the affects their actions have on others. I'm sorry if you think your one of them. I didn't single anyone out, Ryan and I are on good terms. If he makes it to Daytona we can go bass fishing if he likes. You understand to make the hybrids you need those imported snakes you say don't matter. If I need to tell you why they are important, I don't care what your IQ is, you are not smart in this situation.

Where did I have a foul mouth? I didn't say one bad word.........just my opinions, you know, the same stuff you said.
3a21db3d.jpg

I do try to breed obvious hybrids so they aren't passed as either of the pure parents. When I do breed things that could pass as one or the other I usually keep them or make sure they don't fall into a beginners hands.

I have absolutely nothing against keeping pure species pure and even though I breed hybrids I don't think everything should be a hybrid.

Hey Gerards, sweet looking pair of w/c Brooks you got there. The only kings we have around here are black kings and intergraded black and speckled kings.

Meh, bunch of muddy looking freezer fodder, but whateva floats your boat....but at least it won't be masquerading as something real.

You know, I could go to a bunch of posts with pics of locality specific animals people are proud of and say "that ugly brown things looks like a turd-I'd feed it to an indigo if it was in my house," but I don't. That's the difference between you and me-manners.

Warning: Please try to nudge this conversation into a comparatively civil one. People getting overly emotional and then having the conversation break out into open warfare isn't going to do any of the participants any good.

As far as I am concerned, even if hybrids do make me physically ill..the breeders who mess with this stuff and trumpet their hybrid babies from the rooftops are exactly the type of hybrid breeders that should be supported. If they are that proud of what they do, they will make sure that everyone who buys from them will know just what went into making the nasty little masterpiece and those people will be proud to have a hybrid too, and be less likely to try to pass it off as something else.

Alot of damage has thoughtlessly been done, and sadly it can't be reversed.
But the people who PROUDLY breed and sell these things are sure to do alot less damage than all those lookalike hybrids that can be passed off as just about anything....

I do try to breed obvious hybrids so they aren't passed as either of the pure parents. When I do breed things that could pass as one or the other I usually keep them or make sure they don't fall into a beginners hands.

I have absolutely nothing against keeping pure species pure and even though I breed hybrids I don't think everything should be a hybrid.

Hey Gerards, sweet looking pair of w/c Brooks you got there. The only kings we have around here are black kings and intergraded black and speckled kings.

Ok that was wierd, I was typing out my response and didn't see you type this. I pretty much said the same thing.

You know, I could go to a bunch of posts with pics of locality specific animals people are proud of and say "that ugly brown things looks like a turd-I'd feed it to an indigo if it was in my house," but I don't. That's the difference between you and me-manners.

I never claimed to have manners, ask anyone!!!

That is exactly the right way to do it. That female was caught gravid and laid 14 eggs. This is the male I kept back, it's the nicest brooksi I have seen out of the wild and he's only 8 months old. Imagine him when he's done changing.....
7b58a1c9.jpg

Doug, "freezer fodder"? So you would throw a perfectly healthy snake into the freezer to freeze to death? Man I wouldn't want to be a snake in your collection.

Gerards, I really like the looks of those brooks. I'd be interested in a pair if you intend to breed them. (I won't make hybrids out of them, I promise.)

More pics for the pro-hybrid crowds viewing pleasure:

Attachments

• imperial pueblan.jpg
    imperial pueblan.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 85
  • knoblochorn.jpg
    knoblochorn.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85
Back