• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Babies Hatched--and I got my Tessera!

John of Colorado Corns sent me his Tessera male on breeding loan earlier this year, and Niamh, my Amel Stripe, was bred with him. She finally laid 6 good eggs, and they've hatched over the past two days. Today, the last one hatched, and I FINALLY have my Tessera baby (provided it's ok with John)! Woot!

Here's pix of the babes. I haven't weighed them, yet, but we will later today. Sorry picture quality isn't great, but hopefully people can see them and tell me just exactly what it is I have, here?

First shown, last hatched, is the Tessera (normal, I think):

babytess1a.jpg

babytess2a.jpg

babytess3a.jpg

babytess4a.jpg

Isn't s/he gorgeous?

Baby 2 is, I believe, a normal Motley with a bit of a stripe. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. S/he's got some really interesting side markings, and, of course, the clear belly:

baby2NSM1a.jpg

baby2NSM2a.jpg

baby2NSM3a.jpg

baby2NSM4a.jpg

More to come!

Here is Baby 3. I imagine John and the rest of you know what s/he is, but I'm not sure. It's not an amel, that's for sure. Hypo? Ultra-something? It's got very pale checkers on its belly, and its eyes are dark:

baby3Hypo1a.jpg

baby3Hypo2a.jpg

baby3Hypo3a.jpg

baby3Hypo4a.jpg

Here's Baby 4. S/he's a Motley. Normal color, I think, with a clear belly:

baby4NM1a.jpg

baby4NM2a.jpg

baby4NM3a.jpg

baby4NM4a.jpg

Here's Baby 5. Another of those colors I don't know--not Amel. Maybe Ultra-something or Hypo? Help? S/he has dark eyes. This one also has a clear belly, so I'm thinking that means it's a Motley?

baby5HM1a.jpg

baby5HM2a.jpg

baby5HM3a.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, is Baby 6. I _think_ it's a Normal Motley (clear belly):

baby6NM1a.jpg

baby6NM2a.jpg

baby6NM3a.jpg

baby6NM4a.jpg

Anyway, that's it. If people want to tell me what I have, and correct me where I'm wrong (as I almost certainly am), I'd appreciate it :). Niamh has no hets that I know of. John knows the background on his (Ultra? Ultramel?) Tessera male--it's got hets, but I don't know what they are.

Gorgeous babies Irish! Congrats on your Tessera! I know you've been wanting a normal Tessera.
I love the markings on the other babies!

I agree :).

Since that dad (tessera het ultra) and all original tesseras are pos het stripe, that #2 may be a motley tessera those others that are hypo looking are ultramels.
Big congrats and the tessera is yours, but I might be interested in that motley stripe tessera.
Would really like some pics after they shed
John

Woot! Thank you for allowing me to keep that normal Tessera! I feel as if I just hit the lottery :).

I will definitely get photos after they shed.

You know, I was talking to Z about that second snake, and I wondered aloud to him whether it could be possible that it might be some kind of Motley Tessera (I've never seen one, so wouldn't know what to look for). Wouldn't it be something if I guessed correctly, knowing nothing at all about that kind of stuff? LOL! I hope it IS, 'cause I imagine you could make some really cool babies with that guy or gal, some year :).

Yeah, I think so, too :). Thanks! I really am pleased. It's small, but it's got some really cool snakes in there. There's a normal motley as well as that stripe/motley/Tessera? snake, and I really like normal motley looks. And those bright ones are amazing! I will undoubtedly keep any that John doesn't take, just so I can watch them grow up :).

Back