• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally got some good pics of my mystery morph.

Kaynein

So, background is I work at Petsmart - judge or don't, we take really good care of our animals at my store. I work in pet care, and one day we got in our new 'Fancy corn snake'. On the plastic shipment bin was scribbled 'ghost'. Upon opening the bin, I find this absolutely stunning pale baby, rattling and puffing at me. Light blue eyes, and hurricane markings, I'm sold. I tell my then manager I will buy this baby. I waited a month for it to settle down before purchasing it.

Still not sure if he is a ghost or not, I love him whatever he is. He continues to get more handsome with every shed. He is starting to show the smallest hint of yellow on his sides.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 238
A snow would have the classic red eyes that go with the amel gene.
My vote is a very nice pastel or frosted ghost.

Appears to either be an ultramel anery or a snow.

Definitely not a snow. I haven't seen enough ultramel anerys to make any judgement about that, but it doesn't look like the "usual" ghost, if there is such a thing, so you may be right there. I was leaning on the side of caution, going with the simplest answer for a pet shop find.

Here's an Ultramel Anery, I've seen them both lighter AND darker. It's a good possibility but I'm still betting on a frosted/Pastel Ghost or Silver Queen.

74413_163005_Large_bHl0HPNLPIh5.jpg

Actually looking at the shape of the saddles in the OP's snake, ultra being in the mix is a good possibility. Ultra ghost? :shrugs:

Here's an Ultramel Anery, I've seen them both lighter AND darker. It's a good possibility but I'm still betting on a frosted/Pastel Ghost or Silver Queen.

Actually looking at the shape of the saddles in the OP's snake, ultra being in the mix is a good possibility. Ultra ghost? :shrugs:

It's been my experience that Ultra masks hypo. Better photo's would help, especially ventrals.

Here's ultramel anery motley:

Delilah01.jpg

These pictures are blurry. Sorry. He wasn't very cooperative.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 199
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 197
I'm thinking ultramel anery motley. The sparcely checkered belly reminds me of the ghost motley I have, and the eyes sure look like what you expect to see in an ultramel anery...jmho :)...Great find, and nice to get the "insiders view" on what comes thru the store...

With that number of belly checks on a motley and the head pattern with the "collar" and not the usual connection of the head pattern to the neck, I'm also going to say that there is a good possibility your great find is het Sunkissed. I'm not the only one to comment on the "collar" seen in known het Sunkissed or on additional belly checks on motleys (or reduced belly checks on known het Sunkissed motley). And with today's market, it doesn't surprise me that breeder's are dumping hatchlings with great genetics simply because they can't sell them for what they really are. First there was an amber bloodred, now an ultramel anery motley ph Sunkissed. Guess I'll have to start looking at my local PetCo and Petsmart!

Lol we could have a monthly contest; "Petshop Surprises", who can pickup the coolest "fancy corn" and have everyone guess what it may be :)

I also agree with ultramel anery motley. Looks quite similar to mine, although Sabriel has quite a bit more yellow coming in. What an awesome find!

With that number of belly checks on a motley and the head pattern with the "collar" and not the usual connection of the head pattern to the neck, I'm also going to say that there is a good possibility your great find is het Sunkissed. I'm not the only one to comment on the "collar" seen in known het Sunkissed or on additional belly checks on motleys (or reduced belly checks on known het Sunkissed motley).

I have a Normal Motley het SK with that same collar so I'm inclined to agree! That little collar definitely says Sunkissed to me.

Whatever you have there, it's quite beautiful! Those eyes certainly are beautiful. The strange coloring paired with those exquisite light eyes are definitely throwing me through a loop. Beautiful addition! Looks like you definitely lucked out.

I see sunkissed potential myself, and after reading the thread and seeing a few others mention it too, makes me think more that it is.
1st of all I thought visual sunkissed, but cant add too much more than that..het sunkissed will obviously be possible too.
doesnt look like any anery sunkissed or anery motley sunkissed, or even ghost sunkissed or motley that I have seen... so from that there probably is something very different in there..
you may well have got a real bonus, if you can access details from your suppliers at work it may be worth shooting an email to see if there is any further info you can get, but even if not i;d be looking to keep for sure.

Whatever you have there, it's quite beautiful! Those eyes certainly are beautiful. The strange coloring paired with those exquisite light eyes are definitely throwing me through a loop. Beautiful addition! Looks like you definitely lucked out.

The eyes are what sold me on purchasing him. He's my blue eyed mystery. :)

Back