• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just feeling cranky this morning

Drizzt80 said:
Well Shep glad to see you're a contributor. No bad will intended of course, was just surprised that you weren't 'listed' as a contributor! :)
D80
I'm not sweating it, D80. It's a busy time of year, and no need to bug Rich with the small stuff. If none of the expanded abilities were activated, I would have said something by now, but :rolleyes:
I agree, it adds some legitimacy to the ads, but I don't feel I need that to be "advertised" for it to be real. I paid because I didn't feel it would be right to use Rich's bandwidth (and efforts) to sell my snakes without some sort of reimbursement.
The medallion and "recognition"? Whenever he gets around to it. It ain't bugging me any!

Personally, seeing the medallion and/or highlighted names give a more credibility to the people posting. Putting your money where your mouth is so to speak. If I recall correctly, Rich posted somewhere that you can turn that function on or off yourself in the User CP somewhere. I'm not sure where or how myself.

But yeah, we seem to be thinking along the same lines about advertising and some credit getting to Rich.
D80

Drizzt80 said:
If I recall correctly, Rich posted somewhere that you can turn that function on or off yourself in the User CP somewhere.
D80
Found it, thanks!

Oops! Sorry that I overlooked that. I had my programmer set it up on FaunaClassifieds so that contributors have that option turned on automatically, but haven't done it for this system. I guess I just didn't expect as many people to contribute here as on FC, so it just wasn't worth paying him for the time to do it.

All in all, I don't feel any LESS cranky today then I did when I started this thread. Or maybe it's not crankiness at all, and is just my opening my eyes a little wider to take a look at the broader picture.

Plus I guess I'm not looking forward to the barrage of emails from some people if I do implement one of the changes mentioned earlier. You just know I am going to get some gripe-o-grams about it....... :headbang:

Rich Z said:
Plus I guess I'm not looking forward to the barrage of emails from some people if I do implement one of the changes mentioned earlier. You just know I am going to get some gripe-o-grams about it....... :headbang:

You could always save them up and once a week send them this reply:

Attachments

• Rat's ass.JPG
    Rat's ass.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 76
Wut??

Why is that large mouse walking a pony?? Is this some sort of modern art thingy?? :shrugs:

LOL. I saw that on a shirt at Target the other day and wanted it so bad. I had to convince myself I was a little too old to be wearing stuff like that. Or maybe it's a "mom" thing, I can just see my ten year old son running around making sure everyone "got" it.

OK, I just made the For Sale section limited to new ads for Contributors only.

Let the whining begin! :rolleyes:

Did you mark down the time? You could hold a contest~ how long it takes for the first complaint to show up~ and who the complainer will be.

I don't have a guess for who the complainer will be~ but lets see~ I'm guessing 3 hours and 48 minutes to the first complaint (via email to you or post in the general topics forum).

Geez, $25 a year is a STEAL for the kind of traffic that goes through that classified section. I think you are being very kind.

carol said:
Geez, $25 a year is a STEAL for the kind of traffic that goes through that classified section. I think you are being very kind.
Ditto :)

My guess about when the first the first complaint will show up is 2 hours 59 min.
And even I have a good idea who it will be from :rolleyes: lol.

carol said:
I concur, this is the only on-line site I have ever given any money to. I used to "hang out" at kingsuck.com and one day I saw something about a lawsuit and "Mr. Zuchowski". Recognizing that name, I did some research and found this site. So far, it's been the best 25 bucks I've ever spent. Keep it up Big Guy :cheers:

Too funny Mike...I also learned about Cornsnakes.com via the "lawsuit" (Grin).

My guess is..as people typed their guesses on how long it would take from the time Rich changed policies...he probably got the first one..heh.

Gronk said:
Too funny Mike...I also learned about Cornsnakes.com via the "lawsuit" (Grin)
Hey Mike, where are you at in Michigan? My ex-wife and family are from Marshall/Battle Creek area, been there a few times, lovely place :cheers:

I just caught this thread this afternoon, and I have to agree, that $25 to post a classifieds ad is a steal. There are some news papers/magazines that cost more than that to run an ad. This is the one and only site that I have contributed to and the biggest reason for that is because of the wealth of knowledge and the community of people here.

Back