• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lipstick Albino Sunglow

I've had this girl on "layaway" for a long time, and I've finally got her home with me. I think she's gorgeous! The parents apparently came from Tom Burke, but she was bred by a local breeder, Michael Beach, who liked her very much, and had planned on keeping her for his breeding program--dog knows why he offered to sell her to me! I think he almost changed his mind a couple of times when I'd come to his house to make payments.... Anyway, she turned a year old in June, and she's BIG. MUCH bigger than Little Boy, who is the same age. I'm thinking she's going to grow up to be a very big girl :). Happily, she's also a very nice snake w/out a mean bone in her body, even though she was rarely handled before she came here. She has a fantastic feeding response, too. Since she shed just today, we took her out for some pix in the late afternoon sun. I thought I'd share them with you.

I also need a regal name for her! Rani? Something else? Suggestions welcome :).

So, here she is. Whatcha think?

lssg1a.jpg

lssg2a.jpg

lssg3a.jpg

lssg4a.jpg

lssg5a.jpg

lssg6a.jpg

Last two pictures are -fantastic-!
Beautiful Sunglow!
And that's a -really- big Boa for that age, yish.

I love names with "Solar" in'em... Aurora will fit the bill here too.
Ignis=flame in Latin...

She's beautiful Irish! I'm not usually a fan of Boas, but she really is pretty!
(My question is, does Z agree that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body?) LOL

She is gorgeous. 'Jaw-dropping' is also applicable here.

For regal names I'd be tempted by Victoria or Elizabeth, but I may be biased *points at location*

She is so beautiful!! She looks like some kind of ice cream or sherbert or dessert. Creme brulee. Tres leches.

She's beautiful Irish! I'm not usually a fan of Boas, but she really is pretty!
(My question is, does Z agree that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body?) LOL

LOL! I doubt it! He thinks they're ALL out to eat him :). So far, though, she hasn't even so much as struck a pose at him, let alone attempt to bite.

Gorgeous!! Absolutely stunning! I wish we had more space for big snakes, because I'd definitely add a couple boa morphs to the list.

Thank you :). I'd rather this girl was a male, simply because she'd likely grow up to be smaller, then. She'll undoubtedly be the biggest snake I own--or ever own. No retics or anacondas or other giant snakes, here. We simply don't have room for a snake that gets longer than our living room! LOL!

As it is, this girl will undoubtedly get bigger than is strictly legal, here. When that day comes, we'll probably move her to the vacation home at the beach that we hope to buy in couple of months or so. They don't have ANY restrictions about reptiles (barring alligators) on their books, there. We've already checked the county and city laws for that area, just to make sure.

Really, this pretty is going to get big enough that I'm not likely to be taking her into public, much, no matter how beautiful she is. People seem to equate "big" with "mean/dangerous" when it comes to snakes, and I don't want to make waves!

She is so beautiful!! She looks like some kind of ice cream or sherbert or dessert. Creme brulee. Tres leches.
Awesome boa, these are on my future wish list since i have a friend working with this guys.....o and Nanci why must u bring Tres Leches up!!!! lol u know my Spanish sweet tooth cant resist that stuff my mom makes a mean tresleches!! lol

In that second to last photo, she looks like she's just soaking up the sun! What a beautiful animal!

She is a truly beautiful snake!! So pretty, love the colors. I don't know a lot about boa's but she is magnificent. :D

Back