• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Addition... to my FINGER!!!

K. Rene

Cozmic Cornz
Yup you guessed it. My Boyfriend finally proposed after almost 6yrs of dating! Granted we are still in college but plan to be finished (or really close to for my Masters) by the time we plan and pay for a wedding most likely summer 2013. I love my ring, he did such a good job picking it out. It's nothing huge, but to me it's not about how expensive it was but what it represents. His proposal was very simple and sweet here at home (I even thought he was joking with me lol) We have been engaged for a week now and told some friends and family but we are waiting to announce it to our parents when we are with them on Christmas, and everyone else (via facebook) after we tell our parents, so please no posting about it anywhere else but here :D P.S any advice for planning a budget wedding would be happily received via PM.

Attachments

• RingTop.jpg
    RingTop.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 133
I have to add, that when I saw the title, I was thinking you got a new snake, & it latched onto your finger. LOL

First of all, congratulations!!

When it comes to planning a wedding, remember that anything that is labeled "wedding" is going to cost $$$ more than the same thing if its for another event. So if you're looking for decorations, avoid the wedding section. Unless you're dead set on a Princess Diana wedding dress, you can save money if you stay away from bridal shops. Look for evening gowns, prom dresses, formal dresses, etc.

There is a great book called The Anti-Bride Guide. Check it out.

Best wishes!!

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

You will probably hate my budget wedding advice, but I say ELOPE! That's what my husband and I did, and we never had a bit of regret!

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

You will probably hate my budget wedding advice, but I say ELOPE! That's what my husband and I did, and we never had a bit of regret!

I'd vote for this..

And then just have a BBQ, clambake, or cocktial party for friends and family when you get back.

Thanks for the comments everyone, but eloping isn't really what we want to do. I don't think my future Mother in Law would let us anyway lol I am thinking about having my sister make me a dress and I have lots of other ideas for doing it on a budget. I have actually already purchased some decorations from the dollar tree and have been collecting other tidbits like the guestbook, card holder etc. Also making my own save the dates and invites. We'll see what the family says when we tell them ;)

LOL me too!

Lovely ring, great that the two of you are so happy together and I also love your nails :p

Thank you! I'm rather proud of my nails since I stopped biting them this summer, it was a hard habit to break. I paint them myself, it's kinda nice to turn on the TV and relax while painting them. It doesn't take me long though since I have had practice plus a kick but top coat that dries the paint in seconds!

Congratulations!! My husband and I dated for 7 years before marrying and we're going to be celebrating 22 years in June. What a great Christmas gift!

For my first marriage, a friend of mine made my dress and my bridesmaid's (my sister) dress. I paid for materials. She didn't charge for labor. My headdress was daisies clipped to my hair. We got married in a beautiful mountain park (it was summer time, obviously). Friends and family provided the photographs, and my mother got her dress from a consignment clothing store. We didn't hire a limo, and we didn't hire a wedding planner, or rent a fancy church or hotel. We drove to L.A. for our honeymoon, and drove back. I think the only things that cost any amount of money at all were the wedding cake and the rented archway w/flowers. A couple of hundred bucks, at most.

For my second wedding, a coworker made my green velvet wedding dress, which was chosen to complement my husband's kilt. Obviously, since I had 3 children, the "pure" white wedding dress wasn't necessary :). I made my headpiece (silk ribbons, lace, and flowers in pastel springtime colors--we were married on the first day of Spring)I paid for my plane ticket to and from Scotland, and Z's parents' gift to us was to pay my childrens' round trip tickets. They hired a bus driver (and bus) for the wedding party, and I believe they paid full price for the cake and my bouquet of wildflowers in the same pastel springtime colors as my headpiece. I designed the bouquet from all the way across the ocean. The florist worked from my drawing to make the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen :). We married in the church that Z grew up in, and the reception was held at his parents' home. We took the train to the Highlands for our honeymoon, and we took the train back to Edinburgh.

I imagine that if we don't count the round trip plane tickets (not everyone gets married in another country on the other side of an ocean w/3 children in tow and 5000 miles from home, after all), the entire wedding cost no more than a couple of thousand dollars--less when you think that most of it was paid for in British pounds and the exchange rate between pounds and USD is favorable to the Brits.

If any of those ideas help, I hope you'll use them :).

Of course my wedding was a long time ago, but we were married at a state park which only required a small fee to use, I had my dresses made by a friend of a friend. They cost far less-even with the material purchase-then a ready made dress. My mom and her friend made the tablecloths and napkins. The restaurant where my dad always ate for lunch gave us a good deal on a buffet and we purchased beer and soda a little at a time for drinks. It didn't cost all that much to get married. If you aren't extravagant, it's actually fairly easy to have a wonderful wedding without spending a lot. We had an 1860's style Western wedding and I think the rental of the costumes for the men cost more than anything.

Back