• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newest or Rare(ist) Morph?

Dangit all. I want a calico corn. I thought the head did look rather rat-snakey at first, but having not seen it in person I wouldn't know. :) Still, that's a beautiful snake.

That tessera morph looks stunning! o_O So beautiful!

My ne '09 male is growing fast, he eats like a champ.
26403DSCF3700.JPG

How about a Sunkissed Anery Motley Stargazer.

He is homozygous for four genes. How many people out there have the genes to make a Sunkissed Anery Motley, let along one that Stargazes?

Attachments

• DSC_0002rs.JPG
    DSC_0002rs.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0004rs.JPG
    DSC_0004rs.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0012rs.JPG
    DSC_0012rs.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0005rs.JPG
    DSC_0005rs.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 248
That Stargazer is really pretty. I know you can't breed from him, but does he eat & act OK? Sheesh, I'd give him a home just because he's pretty, as long as he is comfortable despite his neurologic issues.

Cats with cerebellar hypoplasia have some similar issues but can live good quality happy lives INDOORS, BTW.

I would hope that little guys stargzing gene does not make into anymore gene pools, but he is a beautiful pet:)

Stargazing is a deleterious gene, isn't it? He's very pretty but I hope you're not thinking of breeding him for anything but stargazing test-outs...

Stargazing is a deleterious gene, isn't it? He's very pretty but I hope you're not thinking of breeding him for anything but stargazing test-outs...
Stargazing is a very undesirable genetic defect, but it is not fatal.

I currently own 1.0 Adult Stargazer and 3.3 2009 Stargazing hatchlings, which are thriving. The only Sunkissed Morph in the group is this Sunkissed Anery Motley SG. The others are Normals, Amels, and Anerys, which goes to show the SG gene can and will spread throughout our Corn Snake Gene Pool. The spread of this very undesirable gene is mainly due to dishonesty and ignorance.

My group of SG will be my front line defense against spreading the SG gene into other collections and to prove out SG free lines of Sunkissed. Each and every Sunkissed Line of Corns that came from Kathy Love came with a warning that they were possible carriers of the SG gene. How this information was used by each breeder was a personal choice in their breeding programs with Sunkissed.

Very little was known about the gene at first, but soon it was proven that the gene was a simple recessive gene. As with all recessive genes they can be bred to surface or be eliminated from each line. Recessive genes by their nature are hidden and can be passed along undiscovered for many generations. Het SG can also be sold and nobody will be the wiser, until the SG resurfaces many generations later. How far has the SG gene been spread today?

I bought several Sunkissed that were produced by Kathy which all came with the warning that they were possible carriers of the SG gene. At first, they were for testing with Lava to help prove that Lava was a new gene. Later, I began to appreciate how unique the Morph is and began to create many new interesting Projects, like many other breeders around the country.

Now what do we do about this very undesirable gene? Educations will be our best defense. We all have had to educate ourselves about this gene and learn ways we can begin to eliminate the gene from Sunkissed lines OR take the opposite approach and deny the gene exist or promote out crossing and be one of many breeders that help to completely spread the SG gene into our entire Corn Snake Gene Pool.

I am holding onto all SG that I produce to test and prove lines are clean of the SG gene. I will be doing a lot of culling and only allowing SG, Het SG and PH SG to go to breeders who are educated about the gene and want to test their lines.

Like Kathy and others, I warned that Sunkissed and Het Sunkissed I have sold were ph SG. Today the same warning is given, but very few will be sold under these conditions any more. Today, I have the ability to test with homo and het SG and will be striving for SG free lines of multiple homo morphs with include Sunkissed. It will be a tough and long road, but the effort will be worth it.

The ACR will be a very valuable tool to help me keep track of the SG gene in my colony as I begin to eliminate it from my lines of Sunkissed. Here are two of my Kathy Love Sunkissed that have proven to be het for SG. They will be used for testing only from now on.
ACR1204
ACR2020

Stargazing is a very undesirable genetic defect, but it is not fatal.

I currently own 1.0 Adult Stargazer and 3.3 2009 Stargazing hatchlings, which are thriving. The only Sunkissed Morph in the group is this Sunkissed Anery Motley SG. The others are Normals, Amels, and Anerys, which goes to show the SG gene can and will spread throughout our Corn Snake Gene Pool. The spread of this very undesirable gene is mainly due to dishonesty and ignorance.

My group of SG will be my front line defense against spreading the SG gene into other collections and to prove out SG free lines of Sunkissed. Each and every Sunkissed Line of Corns that came from Kathy Love came with a warning that they were possible carriers of the SG gene. How this information was used by each breeder was a personal choice in their breeding programs with Sunkissed.

Very little was known about the gene at first, but soon it was proven that the gene was a simple recessive gene. As with all recessive genes they can be bred to surface or be eliminated from each line. Recessive genes by their nature are hidden and can be passed along undiscovered for many generations. Het SG can also be sold and nobody will be the wiser, until the SG resurfaces many generations later. How far has the SG gene been spread today?

I bought several Sunkissed that were produced by Kathy which all came with the warning that they were possible carriers of the SG gene. At first, they were for testing with Lava to help prove that Lava was a new gene. Later, I began to appreciate how unique the Morph is and began to create many new interesting Projects, like many other breeders around the country.

Now what do we do about this very undesirable gene? Educations will be our best defense. We all have had to educate ourselves about this gene and learn ways we can begin to eliminate the gene from Sunkissed lines OR take the opposite approach and deny the gene exist or promote out crossing and be one of many breeders that help to completely spread the SG gene into our entire Corn Snake Gene Pool.

I am holding onto all SG that I produce to test and prove lines are clean of the SG gene. I will be doing a lot of culling and only allowing SG, Het SG and PH SG to go to breeders who are educated about the gene and want to test their lines.

Like Kathy and others, I warned that Sunkissed and Het Sunkissed I have sold were ph SG. Today the same warning is given, but very few will be sold under these conditions any more. Today, I have the ability to test with homo and het SG and will be striving for SG free lines of multiple homo morphs with include Sunkissed. It will be a tough and long road, but the effort will be worth it.

The ACR will be a very valuable tool to help me keep track of the SG gene in my colony as I begin to eliminate it from my lines of Sunkissed. Here are two of my Kathy Love Sunkissed that have proven to be het for SG. They will be used for testing only from now on.
ACR1204
ACR2020

Hey Joe, all thats great, but have you settled things with Rich Hume?

Hey Joe, all thats great, but have you settled things with Rich Hume?

It doesn't look like it: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111064

I'm curious how Joe thinks he can sell a non-het that really isn't het when he can't sell definite HETS that breed true and have the hets they were supposed to have! A non-het seems a lot harder to sell accurately than a definite het, and he can't even sell definite hets accurately. Of course, accidents happen, but not correcting the problem is NO ACCIDENT..........

I'd be a lot closer to having Topaz Motley and Lava-Butter (would that be "Ghee"?) Motley if Joe hadn't disappeared back in 2008 when Patrick was trying to do an order from him on my behalf, that's for sure...

Single gene I'd have to go ahead and back up what was said previously - Tessera!

Gorgeous snakes and a fun project to see how the co-dominant gene really plays out with the corn genetics we already have in place.

Sort of throws me for a loop when I see people much like Joe himself, who is supposed to be an outstanding member of the Corn World, still able to sell..

I'd be a lot closer to having Topaz Motley and Lava-Butter

Theres a few people working on this one.. :dgrin:

And people somehow think I'm such a horrible person to work with, I'm just onry and cranky.. *lol*

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back