• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newest or Rare(ist) Morph?

Copper Corns

I can tell you the Coppers are not Rosy since the original parents came from the Tampa/St.Petersburg area.They also appear to be Hypo.

I can tell you the Coppers are not Rosy since the original parents came from the Tampa/St.Petersburg area.They also appear to be Hypo.

Odd that they chose "Copper" as the name - this is the common name for non-amelanistic Great Plains Rat X Corns (AKA "Rootbeer") in the UK.

Copper corns are the rarest corn I have seen.Look at JMG Reptiles for pictures.It looks like someone cut 2 corns in half and spliced the 2 together.I have a trio of these guys and those pics do not do them justice.

I have been thinking more on this subject. If you have 1.2 and JMG has the original adults of the "copper" corn, then there are 5 of them. Not sure if this is still the case but last I talked with the owner of the "calico" (man that is a terrible name), there was only one of them in existence. To me, that makes this the current rarest morph of corn snake.

dc

I have been thinking more on this subject. If you have 1.2 and JMG has the original adults of the "copper" corn, then there are 5 of them. Not sure if this is still the case but last I talked with the owner of the "calico" (man that is a terrible name), there was only one of them in existence. To me, that makes this the current rarest morph of corn snake.

dc

We will know for sure this up coming breeding season if this is a rare morph or one that has been around for years.

Walter,
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

As was mentioned earlier in this thread we used the name calico due to the fact that this new morph has not been given a name as of yet. The snake referred to as a calico in this thread has never been seen before at least not in corns. The old calico corns were not actually a heritable trait.

Other than Tessera and Hypo Cinder, I would say another NEW morph and definitely RARE is that Anery or Charcoal Amber Stripe that Darryl Walker produced this year. Here is a picture...

99332DSCF3567.JPG

99332DSCF3569.JPG

Here are a few pics of Him and His Sibling today after Coloring up a Little and putting on some size. I noticed that one has Definitive Dark Striping and the Other seems to have White Striping. I still cannot decide if the recessive Gene that surfaced in these Amber Stripes is Charcoal or Anery. Normally, the Yellowish sidewalls would indicate Anery (Ghost) but since it is an Amber, I don't think that one can make that assumption with complete accuracy. Either way, the snakes are Homozygous for 4 Different Genes which is pretty exciting. At least I think so.

Attachments

• IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (14) .JPG
    IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (14) .JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (6) .JPG
    IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (6) .JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (9) .JPG
    IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (9) .JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (18) .JPG
    IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (18) .JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (20) .JPG
    IMG_2673 Amber-Anery Stripe (20) .JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 103
Nobody has mentioned the Blushing corn that VMS has. I emailed Sean and he said he is going to release them overseas first because the market is more stable. We will not see them in the U.S. for about 3 or 4 years from now. Does anyone know what the secret combo is to produce them?

Nobody has mentioned the Blushing corn that VMS has. I emailed Sean and he said he is going to release them overseas first because the market is more stable. We will not see them in the U.S. for about 3 or 4 years from now. Does anyone know what the secret combo is to produce them?

I would watch out asking for secret recipes... you know the old saying. I would tell you but then I'd have to kill you.... lol but your right they are pretty..... :laugh01:

Have not seen this one yet. Where can it be viewed, anyone know?
I check the VMS website and don't see it there...:shrugs:

Walter,

Walter they are on page 69 of the 2009 Cornsnake morph guide. This is the only picture that I have found. Sean said the project is coming along slowly but will be releasing them overseas soon. Hope this helps.

Walter they are on page 69 of the 2009 Cornsnake morph guide. This is the only picture that I have found. Sean said the project is coming along slowly but will be releasing them overseas soon. Hope this helps.

Actaully, no. Unfortunatly, I don't have the 2009 edition, but I do appreciate the info.

Thanks, Walter

Back