• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Testing for Stargazing

But you can get up to a 98 or 99% status for being clear of the gene which will help reduce the numbers of animals present in the population.

Okay, you could say they had a 99% chance of being gazer-free, though...

True.

Any testing at least helps lower the percentage that it might have gazer hanging around. I'd rather buy at 80% chance non-gazer than one that has had no background testing.

Again though, it's all on people's word, which sucks. Shame het gazers can't have purple tongues or something. :roflmao:

True.

Any testing at least helps lower the percentage that it might have gazer hanging around. I'd rather buy at 80% chance non-gazer than one that has had no background testing.

Again though, it's all on people's word, which sucks. Shame het gazers can't have purple tongues or something. :roflmao:

Bright green or orange might be easier to see for some of us old folks!

well

If Stargazing acts as a simple recessive trait ,how are the breedings from a Homo Stargazer x Possible Het breeding and no stargazing babys hatch, no matter the size of the clutch prove that Possible animal still isnt het for the Stargazing trait?

If Stargazing acts as a simple recessive trait ,how are the breedings from a Homo Stargazer x Possible Het breeding and no stargazing babys hatch, no matter the size of the clutch prove that Possible animal still isnt het for the Stargazing trait?

BINGO!!!!!!!!
Throw that man a kewpie doll!!!

Same with Homo. X proven het. You could do this cross like this for years and not get homozygous results, let alone testing against poss hets. :shrugs:

Well if you could predict what an actual outcome of exactly what hatches from a clutch you would be special but your not.

The thread doesn't state you will get your target on the first try. Stephen do not come at me like I am an idiot. I understand genetics, outcomes, etc... Read and quit saying you can't do this or that. If you cared and tried maybe you would be successful at something one day.

He's asking questions... like you wanted...as part of a discussion.

Stephen is a top notch breeder and has a lot more experience that most.

He is asking legitimate questions that I would also like to know the answer to.

Seems he is demanding me to drop everything and answer his questions, y'all didn't like my tone and let me know it so in turn I didn't like his and let him know.

He answered his own question. I answered it to. You may have to get mutiple clutches to try for the target morph. Here it's SG. What more can I do to answer him?

My partener has tons of breeding info on the SG and breeding reports. I will retrieve it and provide it or he may chime in and offer the info on the subject.

He and Charles are the industry leaders in SG testing and importance.

This has been more of a feud than discussion. It seems if an outsider myself say anything to the click everyone is offended. My opinion. For what it's worth.

You had some great posts, along with a lot of you guys.

Because I am new to your forum I have breed raised and sold corns and other colubrids for 20+ years.

Matter of fact you do what it is you do figure out Stephen and inform us since you are lackadaisical.

You sir have to mind your manners you want discussion, and this response to Stephen an accomplished upright breeder is rude.

No I don't want to be told to answer his way. At the end of the day he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

I grew up in the south I have manners.

If he is demanding then this is the kind of response that will be provided.

He is asking for input, take a step down off that high horse and pump your breaks.

You, me, Terri, Walter, anyone could answer the question.

Same way you asked things like:

Who tests for Stargazer? Why do people only assume since their SK projects show no SG then they are free.

Maybe we can get a group that has a certification stating their stock is being tested. Any thoughts from you guys?

Lots of people answered. It's a discussion... that what happens in discussions.

You should also heed Susan's advice and check the BOI on some of your "partners."

No high horse if I did have a horse I woulnt need brakes. I am human it comes out.

I did answer the question. Numerous times.

All I know is he a good guy. One of the smartest people in the industry concerning corns. He has done more than his share of perfecting morphs. Look at lava they are what they are today because of him. People make mistakes he made right. If you can't forgive folks you will have a hard road.

But this post is not about my friend Joe.

Back