• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

To Hand Address or Make Address Lables?

To Hand Address or To Make Address Labels?

• Hand Write Save the Dates, Invites and Thank You's

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Make Address Lables for all in Option 1

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

K. Rene

Cozmic Cornz
Okay so I need to decide if I should hand address my wedding save the dates, invitations and thank you's or make address labels and print them, saving me time in the long run. I think that is perfectly acceptable seeing how I don't have very good handwriting, I don't think it's fair to ask my Bridesmaids to do them, and it's the 21st century of technology. However, my Mom says it's good etiquette to hand address them. So the poll is do I hand address them or print address labels? Justification of your vote helps as well. Thanks for the in-put.

Yes, handwritten addresses are good ettiquette, but as you said, it is the 21st century. If you are going for an all-out traditional wedding, than handwriting is probably the way to go. That said, I doubt anybody will be offended by a printed address label (unless you have one of *those* relatives LOL).

With printed labels, you could always pick a fancier font and maybe even change the color of the text to make it more personalized.

Another option: perhaps you could find a way to print directly to the envelopes? That might look a bit more formal than sticking labels on? Again, I don't think it REALLY matters, but it was a thought that popped in my head. :)

Personally, I hand-addressed everything for my wedding (sans save-the-dates, as we didn't mail any), but that is because I like my handwriting and I had a verrrrry small wedding. If I were mailing out invites/thank yous/etc. for hundreds and hundreds of people... I totally would have printed labels. ;)

In the end, though, I think it should be what makes you happiest. If hand-addressing is simply going to STRESS YOU OUT... then don't do it. :D

... I'm afraid I'm not much help on the poll, though. LOL! I don't know which is "better", just that I think either are acceptable in this day and age.

I didn't vote because I am a fence-sitter. ;) I think it depends on the image you want to portray. If you are a formal person having a formal or elaborate wedding, then definitely hand-address them. If you are an informal person having a relatively informal wedding and you want the wedding to reflect who you are, then go for some pretty labels. At some point, the rules of the past are subject to change. If it doesn't make you uncomfortable to go against Emily Post, I say bring on the labels. :) I hand-addressed mine because I wanted them to seem more personal.

print them. There are some very pretty fonts you could use to make it look very nice and also you have to think of it as a great time saver for you. I don't think many now care whether it is hand written or a label.

I think you should hand write, hand address the thank you notes. Everything else, I wouldn't really be offended if they had labels or were printed envelopes.

Another for hand-address!
My best friend just sent out hers, and they were hand written.

I know printed labels would never offend me at all..... but that's just me. So, are all of your addresses already in some sort of computer address book, so you can just print them out easily as labels? If you are having to input all the data in order to make labels, then you might as well do them by hand. That would be almost as fast. But seriously I doubt very many people would be put off by printed labels if you choose to do it that way.

Our guest list is around 300 (total bodies) so far but multiple people live at one address in most cases. My future Mother-in-Law votes and Grandmother-in-Law vote Labels :p If anything I am for sure doing return address labels on the RSVP's and possibly the wedding invites too, I already created some really cute ones with a few little images that fit with our theme. I think the labels look more professional which in it's own way is formal, though maybe not as personal. I suppose no one really keeps the envelopes anyway... UGH I totally get why chicks turn into Bridezillas, one little decision is a big deal :p

I'd say, do what you're comfortable with.

For ours (our 1 year anniversary is next Monday!), I hand wrote out addresses on things like thank-you's that I had hand written, and printed labels for things like the invitations and save-the-dates that were printed. It was kinda an arbitrary distinction, but it worked for us. I got the frosted looking labels, used a scrolly font and had a wedding themed graphic on it. I just felt it made the labels a little classier.

If you do decide to write them out, make sure you have lots of extra envelopes cuz mistakes will be made.

And Congrats!

If you do decide to write them out, make sure you have lots of extra envelopes cuz mistakes will be made.

That's just another reason to do labels ;) I wouldn't want to waste envelopes and such, I don't have tons of money because mom isn't paying for the wedding.

Kelsie, Just send mine via email, save the time and the money. No matter what you decide, everyone will be there for you on your special day. Hope it turns out perfect for you!

Back