• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new Hoggie, Gauge!!

raynefyre

Taste the Rainbow
Went to the reptile show this morning to get hoppers for my corns (also with the intention of possibly getting an early birthday present from my boyfriend) and came across this guy. His tag said Hogg Island x something that began with Si-------- boa (I can't remember what though :( poo.) I fell in love with him and AJ got him for me! :D AJ named him Gauge and he has been the sweetest baby ever. Never once hissed or anything. I put him in his new home and he just climbed right up the tree branch and has been sitting there watching me ever since. So, without further delay, here he is. ^_^

Fresh outta the cup.
l_36f1e3c586f14abba9f189bd87b3a3ca.jpg

Tried to capture his beautiful salmon colors on his sides. He's so much more beautiful in person.
l_ee06ec55a06f4deda123441f1629e5e5.jpg

Of course, you can't get a boa without showing a tail shot. :spinner:
l_b848a28b44cb43e38920c46d5529a290.jpg

I think he likes his new family. :)
l_8a7a7773ba5a460db5ce91319f8f293a.jpg

l_d0bfcc84c40948de8af5fd133ff7daa8.jpg

l_004a5f6a63794690be2a72b2b8451542.jpg

Awesome! Lol, I saw two of them.. But I don't think I saw your guy. Maybe Hog x sinolan boa? Or something like that.. Thats the only Si..... Boa I know of.

Anyway congrats and nice meeting you!

I can't think of an 'Si' boas, but I'm not much of an expert with them either. The closest I can think of is a Sonoran Boa (BCI)

There's also Suriname's, which are BCC, not sure what a suriname x hog would look like.

Awesome! Lol, I saw two of them.. But I don't think I saw your guy. Maybe Hog x sinolan boa? Or something like that.. Thats the only Si..... Boa I know of.

Anyway congrats and nice meeting you!

That might be it, I dunno my memory is kinda bad sometimes. I even told myself to remember the name for my records but guess what happened. Lol. Maybe it will randomly come back to me.

And nice meeting you too. :)

Awww, he's a wee precious! I really need to add a boa to my collection, especially after seeing so many post their beautiful babies. Congrats! And I love the name. :}

Thanks! For being so small compared to the other boas at the show I was taken back by how strong he is. Took me a good couple tries to get him to go back in the cup after his photo shoot. Lol. He just wraps around and clings to me like a little baby. I keep telling myself to wait off from holding him for awhile but he just keeps watching me from the tank with those eyes like 'hold me mommy please!'. >.<

Awww, he's a wee precious! I really need to add a boa to my collection, especially after seeing so many post their beautiful babies. Congrats! And I love the name. :}

Wow he looks beautiful I can't wait until I get to come see him. I'm back on campus now so hopefully I'll be able to stop by soon.

I saw him today, in person ( can you say that about a snake?) and he's much prettier, very subtle salmon shades and a nicely faded pattern! Sweet snake Bree.

I saw him today, in person ( can you say that about a snake?) and he's much prettier, very subtle salmon shades and a nicely faded pattern! Sweet snake Bree.

I think you can say that Kyle. It's just an expression. Lol. Thanks for all the nice compliments too everyone!

I asked AJ once he was up from his nap (he don't do mornings. lol.) and he thought it said that Gauge is a cross between a Hog Island and a Longicauda Boa. Man was I way off, told ya my memory was bad. >.< I can't find much info on Longicaudas but from the pictures I have seen they look pretty sweet.

wow, he's pretty cute! I can hardly see any hog influence in his colouration.

Maybe he is half Suriname boa? It isn't "Si", bit close. I guess you could always ask the breeder if you're interested.

Longicaudas are peruvian long tail boas and pretty rare in captivity from what little I know. They are however extremely dark in color and lack reds so I'm not sure if thats what yours is crossed with. Maybe a sonoran boa or columbian?

They didn't have a breeder name or anything at their table, I don't know how to contact them to ask. I want to so bad. :(

I do remember seeing those.. I saw they were Hog and Longicauda crosses. I thought that was a really weird cross myself. I haven't seen any longicaudas for sale at shows. I have seen them online however.

Who knows! Lol, maybe next show you'll have to ask the guys. They are there every show with all kinds of stuff.

I found out he is a Hog Island x Longicauda cross. :D I'm so excited. Here's a picture comparison of another Longicauda that looks almost identical to Gauge in person... er snake. Lol. The colors and everything match up, except the fact that Gauge has the salmon pink shades on his sides, which I believe is his Hog Island influence.

iquitos07_fa327cpbig.jpg

Back