• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Collection (Pic Heavy!)

Elzy

Bosley Female 2010 Carolina - she's a pet shop purchase, and a kid at the shop bred her, he told me one parent was normal and the other a creamsicle which would make her a hybrid, but I've seen the "creamsicle" parent and it's definitely not, most like an amel. She does have some nice wide black borders on her, so I'm not sure if that parent was in fact reverse okeetee, so would love anyone's opinion on what they think! :)

Bosley-1.jpg

Flora, Female 2008 Amber het Amel - Layed this year, 15 eggs, 12 slugs :(

ABRFemale.jpg

Chet - Male 2008 Amber het Amel - the partner to the above

Chet.jpg

Another of Chet because he's a handsome chappy

dsc2251web.jpg

Ripley - Female 2009 Diffused het Amel, Anery, Hypo

Ripley.jpg

Mr Bill - Male 2009 Diffused het Anery, Hypo - He'll go with the female above next year. I named him Mr Bill because his little face looks like the little guy on SNL just before he gets maimed, burned, impaled, etc ;)

BRMale.jpg

Kahlua Banana - 2007 Female Caramel Motley/Stripe het Amel

CRMOTFemale.jpg

There's more!

Taco - Male 2008 Caramel Stripe het Amel - he'll be having some fun with Ms Banana next year ;)

Regan - Female 2009 Pewter

ReganRed2.jpg

Farley - 2010 Anery Lavender ph Diffused

Moonstone.jpg

Bullet - 2010 Pewter ph Hypo

Pewter.jpg

Madonna - 2010 Plasma het Hypo

Plasma.jpg

Epo - 2010 Hypo Diffused het Lavender, ph Anery

HypoBlood.jpg

Cleopatra - Female 2010 Classic Stripe het Amel, Lavender

Cleo.jpg

Pebbles - Male 2010 Opal Motley/Stripe - Going with Cleo... eventually!

Pebbles.jpg

Jelly - Female 2008 Hypo Lavender Motley - Layed 15 Eggs, only 1 Slug! :)

HLavMot.jpg

Tucker - Male 2007 Lavender Stripe - Partner of Jelly, both first time breeders this year

Tucker.jpg

That's it :D

Also have a 2010 Male Western Hognose, 2010 Female Jungle Leopard Gecko and a big fat 2008 Water Monitor, get some of those guys up soon :D

Very lovely snakes! I'm starting to find lavenders prettier and prettier! I don't think Taco posted btw.
Thank you :)

Poor Taco got shafted :(

DSCF0519.jpg

He hasn't had a proper photo shoot yet, we've only had him a week but this was his little weigh in pic :)

Nice pics, I like the second one of Chet a lot.
Thank you! Some of the pictures I can't take credit for as my husband was the one behind the camera, although I was the one holding the softbox :p You can definitely see where the photos from him start and the photos from me begin ;)

Very nice collection.
Thanks! They've all got little unique personalities which I love. Most are very friendly! Ripley (the female diffused) was a bit viv defensive when I first got her, and struck at me a few times during water changes and what not. I needed stitches she drew a whole 0.0000000001 cc of blood! :eek1: The Plasma female (Madonna) is a bit rattly with me (I've had her since December last year), but I'm hoping she'll calm down soon!

Anyone have any ideas on whether the normal girl (Bosley, first pic, first post) is Okeetee or not? This is one of my fabulous photos, so I know not the best... I'm not breeding her, but it's just one of those things that's always in the back of your head, where you have to know! :D

She kind of looks like a buckskin Okeetee to me! Nice black borders. You have a very nice collection, and take beautiful pics of them!

That is quite a collection! I love your ambers and Kahlua!

As for the first snake, I would ask about the parent more, but if they said it was a creamsicle there is probably a reason, the fact it looked pure corn doesn't necessarily mean it was. Its head looks a bit ratsnake-ish to me, but maybe that is just the angle of the pic

Wow, you have a great collection! I especially love your Diffused morphs, and Kahlua is amazing! I used to have a Caramel Motley and she makes me really want another one!

That Anery Lavender looks pretty nice too. I hope to see more pictures of your collection as they progress!

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :)

The Opal Motley has finally hit his little growth spurt! He'll be a gorgeous adult soon!

As for the whole creamsicle debate... when looking at that parent, the coloration on it looked all wrong to me for a creamsicle, and to me, it looked more like an amel. That's why I wasn't sure if maybe they mislabeled it. And the borders on my girl seem to be wider than on most normals I've seen.

I agree with Jen that if the parent of the normal was listed as a creamsicle, you should consider the normal a hybrid, aka a rootbeer, I believe. You can breed a creamsicle back to an amel cornsnake for multiple generations, increasing the cornsnake appearance, but even if there is only a small percentage of Emoryi blood, it is still a hybrid (technically an intergrade). And as such, you should not use the term "Okeetee", even if it does have some nice borders.

You have an impressive collection! Hard to pick a favorite, but I do love Mr.Bill just because of why he got his name!

I agree with Jen that if the parent of the normal was listed as a creamsicle, you should consider the normal a hybrid, aka a rootbeer, I believe. You can breed a creamsicle back to an amel cornsnake for multiple generations, increasing the cornsnake appearance, but even if there is only a small percentage of Emoryi blood, it is still a hybrid (technically an intergrade). And as such, you should not use the term "Okeetee", even if it does have some nice borders.
To me, she's Bosley :D

Like I said before, no intentions of breeding her at all, just was a little curious ;) But it seems the consensus is that she's a hybrid, so that's what I'm going with!

You have an impressive collection! Hard to pick a favorite, but I do love Mr.Bill just because of why he got his name!
Yes! Finally someone who gets it! It's so hard trying to explain to people where I got his name from to everyone in England who has never heard of SNL or Mr. Bill :(

OMD! Your collection is GORGEOUS! I especially LOVE the two diffused ones :).

And don't feel bad that most Brits don't know about Mr. Bill. It took a LONG time to introduce Americans to Doctor Who, after all :). My husband and I are still (after 11 years of marriage) explaining cultural references to each other.

Very nice collection you've got there. The next few years should be some cool breedings.

As far as the creamsicle, many creams look just like amels. The "look" has to do with the amount of influence from the parents genetics. I have a cream that people swear she is a hypo corn(cinnamon). I label her babies hybrids/intergrades or creams however I have proven she is not het amel, so I figure her emoryi blood has been diluted. She is my oldest corn and has an awesome disposition. She often helps me educate people on snakes. Infact she is wrapped around my head in my avatar pic.

Back