• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Could it be ?????

Walter Smith

CRAZY BOUT' CORNS !!
Found this in one of my incubation boxes this morning.......can it be???

More times than none, I end up with two fully developed individuals, however if you recall last year I got two heads on one body.
I'm betting it's a complete split. It's what I see most of the time. Sure does get the ole heart pumping when ya first see this though !!

I'll be sure to post the result once it or they finally emerge from the mini pod.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 293
Wow. What are the odds that you'd hatch out another double-header the very next year? Would they be from the same parents? And if not, would that make the result an incubation thing?

I think I'd rather just have healthy twins! How are Deuce doing??

To each his own, but after what he fetched, I wouldn't mind having 10 of them every year...............LOL

I haven't heard from the guy who has him now, nor have I contacted him.
Maybe I'll give him a yell and see.

Walter

Wow. What are the odds that you'd hatch out another double-header the very next year? Would they be from the same parents? And if not, would that make the result an incubation thing?

Actually the odds are pretty high. This clutch is NOT from the same parents as last year's.

I don't believe it to be caused by incubation temps. I believe it's do to the division (twining) of the embryo during development, which sometimes is incomplete leaving the result of a two headed snake.

MOST of the time the split is complete which results in two individuals in one egg, so any time you hatch two snakes from one egg, there was the chance of that egg producing a two headed.

There is also a theory (by another breeder) that two folicles could be very close together during the shelling process and get shelled together, due to most of the time the two snakes are not actual TWINS.

Of course I'm no expert by ANY means on twinning or it's process and I don't claim to be.

Walter

Wow the way the heads are lining up and the size of the body you can see does make your heart rush. It seems very plausible. Can't wait till they emerge!

Well, it's offical.................."Twins"

While working in the snakeroom I took a peek and found this.
I think there is enough of them showing here to determine they are not conjoined. I wouldn't think they would be that far down.

I appreciate the wishful thinking though !!

Walter

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 196
Congrats Walter, very nice clutch and twins are always exciting too. They don't look to be too small at all either from the photo so that's a good thing!

Back