• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Could it be ?????

Nick Mutton (primarily Carpet Python breeder) is actually doing a study right now on twinning in reptiles, (primarily in Carpet Pythons). he's working on becoming published on the topic.
He was recently on Morelia Pythons Radio (on Blog Talk Radio) talking about it.

Cool. I would think what ever he finds out on the study could be applied to all snakes, couldn't it ?
Either way, I would be very interested to learn about it Heather. Please let me know where I might be able to get his publishings.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

I've actually got a very old book on this subject that you may be interested in finding a copy of.

axial_bif_01.jpg

axial_bif_02.jpg

I would think so, but I don't know for sure.

I know he has produced twins every year, and has produced a number of triplets over the years.

He has also found that snakes that were a twin, do produce more twins, so it is genetic.
It's not limited to one particular sex, he has had females consistently produce twins, and there are males that have sired twins in a few clutches, when paired to different females.

I would think so, but I don't know for sure.

I know he has produced twins every year, and has produced a number of triplets over the years.

He has also found that snakes that were a twin, do produce more twins, so it is genetic.
It's not limited to one particular sex, he has had females consistently produce twins, and there are males that have sired twins in a few clutches, when paired to different females.

Yes, same here. I have produced "twins" many, many of times. Had a friend that bred snakes that produced a set of twins from the same parents three years in a row.........now triplets, that's another story.

I was always curious if twinning could be linked to a bloodline in snakes as twinning can run in a human family.

Thanks Rich! I will be looking for that book!

Yes, Thanks Rich.
I'll have to try a hunt that down as well.

Walter

a small anecdote...
My best friend had a pair of Herman's Tortoises that routinely resulted in the female laying 2 eggs and always hatching 3 torts. He might have had 1 off year, but I know the last I asked about them he'd told me the lady he'd given the pair to has had the same happen.

Just a question: with regard to them not being "actual" twins, are you referring to identical twins? The two can still be "actual" twins, just fraternal, not identical; or is this not true in reptiles?

Just a question: with regard to them not being "actual" twins, are you referring to identical twins? The two can still be "actual" twins, just fraternal, not identical; or is this not true in reptiles?

I meant identical.

Walter

Back