• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Could it be ?????

Thanks! It's not often I get to talk about these things in normal conversation so I totally nerd out. Also, I just assembled a new rack that is looking forward to what you produce this year!

Good deal.
Well, it's defiantly under way over here. In the next week or so, I'll start having 3, 4 and 5 clutches hatching at a time daily.
Of course, they have to shed and feed a couple times before I start posting availables to my web site.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Have fun with that! Maybe the twin is a sign of good things to come?

Oh, I will. I love hatching season. It's awesome to see the little ones come from the eggs, especially when you hatch new exciting morph combines and world's firsts !!!

Walter

Oh, I will. I love hatching season. It's awesome to see the little ones come from the eggs, especially when you hatch new exciting morph combines and world's firsts !!!

Walter

That right there is the answer to a deep discussion we had off-site via email AND that answer is also the reason why I still have leopard geckos, though I've not bred them with any consistency of my endeavors for years.

Should "Castor and Pollux" survive, it would be interesting to me whether they could even be separated. Duxor's replies are conjuring up knowledge long thought forgotten from both genetics and cellular biology. Unfortunately, work has left my brain incapacitated and all I keep hearing/smelling are cerebral flatulates. :sobstory: :crazy01:

Freak'n cool either way you split it (HA!...poor humor, too soon). Looking forward to your email about Miami Tesseras!

Even if not separated.. the folded section looks like it might be thinner? could there be a possibility of surgery to open that out so the snakes can lay in more normal positions?

Aww that is too bad :( I know the odds were not good for it, but we're always hopeful!

Now for the weird question- did you pickle it?
I would have. o_O

Lol. RIP yin and yang.

(I think I would have dissected it, then pickled it. Or pickled then dissected, much easier dissecting.)

Ok gottcha.
Is it possible that this (twinning) could be linked to DNA/bloodline in reptiles, somewhat like twins run in the family bloodline of humans or is it just a fluke in reptiles and other animals ??

Walter

Nick Mutton (primarily Carpet Python breeder) is actually doing a study right now on twinning in reptiles, (primarily in Carpet Pythons). he's working on becoming published on the topic.
He was recently on Morelia Pythons Radio (on Blog Talk Radio) talking about it.

Back