• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hooollooween Photo Contest?

TandJ

Ole' Stoic Viper...
Are we up for a photo contest this year? Its been a few years since we have done this at the site.. Heck this year we might be able to find something to offer up in sponsership.. But I would have to definantly check with the Mrs before commiting? Whats your thoughts people? Should we bring back some of the contests?

Regards... Tim of T and J

a030.gif
Sounds like some fun.
f040.gif

I was just thinking that for halloween we should have some awesome ghost pictures--my photo skillz are not up to par, though my ghosts are cute as can be.

Are we up for a photo contest this year? Its been a few years since we have done this at the site.. Heck this year we might be able to find something to offer up in sponsership.. But I would have to definantly check with the Mrs before commiting? Whats your thoughts people? Should we bring back some of the contests?

Sounds like a fun idea Tim!

I'll offer up some thing for sponsership! I have a few '08 motleys hanging around. Would one of those do?

:)

Edit: OOps sorry! I didn't see JODU offered up some thing too. Maybe there could be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner?

Well, I know I suggested it.. I am not the type to get organized for something like this.. Who is good with some sort of organization? I think we are going to have to look at the original ground rules to.. Seems to me those made some sense..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Well, I know I suggested it.. I am not the type to get organized for something like this.. Who is good with some sort of organization? I think we are going to have to look at the original ground rules to.. Seems to me those made some sense..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

What ground rules are you referring too? Are there some listed else where for another contest?

Wonderful idea, Tim! Maybe if we had different prize sponsors we could do three different types of photo contests like before? Say a Halloween Cornsnake one, a Halloween Digital "Photoshop" Cornsnake one and a Halloween Other Reptiles one?

I have repti-rock viv bowl sets I could donate for the 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category if others can cover the 1st place prizes.

These are what I have:

rockcombo.jpg

2 Small (colored as below), 2 Medium (colored as above)

rampbowl.jpg

3 of these

Ohhh thats a great idea!! :)

I agree with having more than one place....maybe a grand prize, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mention?

Wonderful idea, Tim! Maybe if we had different prize sponsors we could do three different types of photo contests like before? Say a Halloween Cornsnake one, a Halloween Digital "Photoshop" Cornsnake one and a Halloween Other Reptiles one?

I have repti-rock viv bowl sets I could donate for the 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category if others can cover the 1st place prizes.

These are what I have:

2 Small, 2 Medium

3 of these

Great idea!

I know when Susan did her contest last year she had everyone submit the photos to her and she posted all of them when it was time to start voting so they were at least somewhat "anonymous". I mean I know people can tell their friends that photo #2 is theirs and to vote for them, but it seems to me from seeing photo contests on various forums that if the photos are posted by the person submitting them with their name that it can "skewer" the votes sometimes.

I know when Susan did her contest last year she had everyone submit the photos to her and she posted all of them when it was time to start voting so they were at least somewhat "anonymous". I mean I know people can tell their friends that photo #2 is theirs and to vote for them, but it seems to me from seeing photo contests on various forums that if the photos are posted by the person submitting them with their name that it can "skewer" the votes sometimes.

I think that would be a really good way to do it. I also think that when people post the photos in the thread them selves, some can get lost in all the comments made for each one.

I just know its been a while as a community we have gotten together to do something just for us.. Nothing wrong with some fun during the slow down in the year.. Most people about this time of the year seem to have slowed down, and heck why not give back to the community that supports us.. Its a gesture and honest self promotion.. I don;t have any problems with that..

Measly mentioned...

oooh! sounds like fun!!can noobies like me join?! :)

I don't think it was a problem before.. I think a lot of times before the winners were picked on a lot of merit and not nesscesarily the qaulity of the photos, so even if your best the photographer, enter anyways, its not always high tech that wins..

Katie mentioned...

Yes, I agree with having them posted some what anonymous.. It helps to level the playing field for everyone..

Steph mentioned..

Maybe if we had different prize sponsors we could do three different types of photo contests like before? Say a Halloween Cornsnake one, a Halloween Digital "Photoshop" Cornsnake one and a Halloween Other Reptiles one?

Yuppers.. I don't have the time to be able to mange any of the proposed contest idea, as work is going to be demanding until the end of November..

Its a few more chances to enter to win some fantastic prizes, and thanks to the folks who have come forth to make a generous offer already.. I would need to have a Pow wow with my Jenn to se if there is something we could up as a prize..

Tim if there is any way I can help with the contest just ask. :) You know I don't have a life and spend most of my time roaming CS.com any way. LOL

Back